Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Didn't end up Fish Bait

Back from the Live Aboard cruise. Went with Juliet Sailing and Diving...What an incrediable team on this 103 foot 4 masted sail boat. (The guys on the crew are hubba hubba as well for you single ladies)
The huricanes in the area had really stirred things up so the visiblity really sucked for ocean diving. One site was no more then 20 feet in what is usally 100+ feet of vis. But it was okay..the crew and captain really went out of their way trying to find good dive sites.

YESSSSSSSSSS got to dive with Sharks....Oh my GOD what an experience to acutally jump into the water and look down and there are already 4 or 5 Caribbian reef sharks circling under you. Manny and I dropped straight down into their midist. Got some great Photos..will post those a bit later. The first Shark was swimming straight at me. I was getting a little nervous. The finally at about 8 feet he veered off and went over my right shoulder. HOW AMAZING!!!! I LOVE SHARKS!!!

Was on another dive and this stupid scavanger fish called a Remora bit the SHIT out of my middle finger...I didn't know those little jerks could bite thought they just kind of sucked on to whatever fish they were hosting too...usually if you ignore them they will go away so I turned my back on this evil pair and was taking a photo of another fish and BAM bit on the finger. Little bastard drew blood too. I'm thinking I should be counting my blessing that I didn't get bit while on the shark dive. That little bit of blood could have been enough to have them all looking at me whilst putting on their white dinner napkins around their necks, pulling out a knife and fork in each fin giving me a big toothy grin and saying YUMMMMMM dinner is served.

I got some amazing shots of 4 different blue parrot fish. If anyone has ever tried to do this you will know how hard it is to get a good photo of this fish. And I was lucky enough to get like 4 different ones. Also got a great photo straight on of a queen angle fish. I LOVE my new camera my wonder hubby got me for my Birthday. He's a very good hubby

Okay if you all want any more of the Bahama's adventures just ask and I will post more.

Luckily there were no old meen preening around. Couple younger guys running around in speedos but they didn't have beer guts so it wasn't such a bad thing.

It's good to be home and not have ended up fish bait..Just a snack for that evil looking scavanger fish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home