Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

SCUBA ELF

The house elf has done it and thanks to Aza he is no longer the house elf but the Scuba Elf!!!
As of Sunday he passed all his tests and is now an official instructor. CONGRATULATIONS HUNNI. I'm so proud of you.

For you new readers you don't know what an accomplishment this is. Around 3 years ago when we first signed up for Scuba lessons, the elf couldn't swim a stroke. He'd actually panic if the tub was full or the shower was turned on to high. But because I had dove years ago and really wanted to do it again he signed us both up. Then looked at me and said hmmmmm maybe I better go sign up for adult swim lessons! I've been telling him for years.
Christ honey you were born on an island and grew up there. It HAS to be in your genetic make up to be able to swim. And I was right. First swim lesson he was swimming. Not good but he swam unassisted for about 25 yards the first night.
After he learned to swim, he had to learn to float. He's a rock. Now he swims around a mile at a time when he goes to the pool. Doesn't think twice about wiping gear off to fix it at 50 feet in the ocean. And is now truly teaching people this sport he's come to love so very much. Whooooo hoooooo for my hubby.

On a side not did you know a 8 month old Rotweiller puppy who weighs 60lbs can pick up a football in his mouth and pop the damn thing. And I don't mean one of those little kid footballs but the big NFL football. I hear this huge POP the other night, and found the pup with a very satisfied look on his face. He has proceeded to yank the bladder out and show it to me in shreeds. Now his favorite chew toy is the leather outside. Ah well saves the funiture or walls being chewed on.

Happy Thursday evening. I need to feed the zoo.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    yayyyyyyyyyyyyy for the scubba elf!!!!

    Zues better not pop Foxy. hehehehe

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Canadian flake said…

    wtg and congrats to the scuba elf!!

    I swim like a fish and have always wished I could scuba dive...

    maybe some day..lol.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    GO SCUBA ELF! That so rules! It's a shame you couldn't post a picture of him in full scuba gear. It's been a long road, now all we need is for you to complete yours, which mean getting your back better first.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    YAY ELF!!! Daddo used to practice diving in his pool. Have you ever seen a chubby white man in a wet suit? Its not a pretty site..

    MOM

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My boy tried that biting a ball to get it to pop trick today, in fact. He wasn't successful.

    And yay for elf!

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Burf--Foxy moves so I think he'll just try to play bouncy ball with her

    Flake--I know a excellent dive instructor. hehehee

    Aza--We have pics of him in gear, but you know working at a police department makes me highly paranoid.

    mom--ever seen a chubby white woman in a wetsuit. Scuba elf gets that view everytime we dive. lol

    Dad--that's good he wasn't sucessful. I'm running out of toys.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger captain corky said…

    "On a side not did you know a 8 month old Rotweiller puppy who weighs 60lbs can pick up a football in his mouth and pop the damn thing."

    Did you know that Corky can too, only he's a little more than 60 pounds. ;)

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    WHOO HOO for the hub-unit! That is a HUGE accomplishment!

    Be sure to keep us updated on all his adventures!

    Only popping going on at my house is my jaw...no, it's not as entertaining as a dog with a football, but it probably sounds similar...and it makes my eyes water.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home