Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

How is it....

that I can be walking on a perfectly flat surface and still fall flat on my face. I have to be the most ungraceful person that I have ever seen. I'm 40 frigging years old and still fall down on a regular basis. The other day the hubby and I were going out to my car he gets in the passanger side and I walk around the back of the Durango to go get in the drivers side and WHOMP..I'm down...on my hands and knees...he comes outta the passanger side going Hunni where did you go..comes around my side and sees me down on the ground. Now my wonder husband looks at me starts snorting laughter and says what the hell are you doing down there...Thanks love of my life.
And why is it everyone I know is always telling me what the hell are oyou doing down there.
I used to belong to this middle ages recreation club called the SCA and one day I was in service to the king and queen and was dressed in my best Irish outfit and I'm on my way to talk to the queen and tripped over a tent stake..as I went airborne with skirts foffed out around me I look up and I see this knight coming toward me...this is all in slow motion in my minds eye, this cute little knight is reaching toward me doing the very slow N o o o o o o o o o o o o Like he is going to catch me in mid air. My thought is oh my he's a very small guy and I'm a very large lady (before I lost alot of weight) then suddenly gravity took effect and FLOP face first into the dirt..I'm laying there with dust puffing out from around my nose and mouth thinking GAWD I hope Sir Andre is the only one that saw that..when I heard a lady scream and go OH She Fell...so now everyone is looking at me. I roll over trying to keep my dignity...which is hard to do with Arizona dust caked around your mouth and nose and your foot bleeding profusuly where the tent stake has cut you open...I look up and there is my best buddy in the whole world...and my dad...Well Lord Lann and my dad in unison as if they were twins look down at me and go "What the hell are you doing down there"
Sighhhh NOt the first time nor the last I'm sure I'm going to hear that line.
And that ladies and gentlemen is why I scuba dive...I have never fallen down at 60+feet.

On another note..I am not going to have any platic surgery to get all my loose flabby skin fixed. The write up from the doc says I can't dive for 6 to 8 months after the surgery....I DON'T THINK SO. There are priorities and 6 months off from diving is not one of them..Besides I can hide everything nice and tidy in my wetsuit. You just can't be sexy in full gear like the girls in the magazines.

Go look at Burfica's don't eat the tomatoes page..she's learned to link....I'm so proud of her. hehehehe
so she's got things on her side bar and with in a post...
Yayyyyyyy don't let her fool you she's not as dumb as she tries to make out being




7 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    Aww I think that its so neat how you and Burfica get along. I agree with you that 6 months away from something you love is a long time.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger kitten said…

    What is it with your family, the falling and stuff? And sneezing!

    You def don't LOOK 40, ALekx. he he he

    That middle ages club sounds like so much fun.
    God Im boring.......

    *big heavy sigh* *sigh again*

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    well if you ever did fall while scuba diving, wouldn't that be considered drowning??? and dying??? and plumeting to your deep watery grave????

    Just thought I would comment something cheerfull. lmao

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You were part of the SCA? I work for an anime company, the two crowds are very intertwined, I hear about events all the time. We also have a Vampire Roll-Playing group around here, I think it's called CAM.

    Oh, and yes, I am slightly demented but in my defense I watched Hellboy before I fell asleep. =)

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Burfica said…

    Okay not only did Jen's comment make me laugh so hard I scared the cat, but i snorted scrambled egg out my nose. heheheheheheheee

    (then I picked it up and ate it)

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    Besides rodeo clowns, falling off the treadmill might be my biggest fear.

    And that's the reason I stopped exercising.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Johnny said…

    Looook I found a penny!!!

    No? Didnt work?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home