Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

All over the place

First it's been awhile since I posted a Blog and my sister is bugging me non stop to post something so the topics will be all over the place.

VOTING
First off let me thank everyone who took the time to go vote yesterday, or early voting or by absentee ballot. Having been born an American I realize that over the years I took voting as just some mundane task, but then I married a man from a poor 3rd world country who he and his family had to work for their American citizenship, and as I watched my husband and in-laws in their excitement to actually have a voice in their leadership by having the right to go vote it really sheds a new light on this great system we have and are allowed to have a voice in. Before my husbands father passed away right after the last presidental election, to see the pride on this mans face no matter how poor his health, how difficult it was for him to vote, just the sheer determination and pride that he was given the gift of American citizenship and the right to vote. Man, how can I ever look at the right to vote as a mundane task again.
No matter today if you are celebrating or bummed at the winner of the race, it's still a pleasure to have voted with you. I for one am celebrating that the American people didn't put Kerry into office. But you know what I'm not gonna fight with anyone about it. It's my opinion, I respect yours if you don't agree that's fine, but I will not argue with you about it. If you did vote and want to put you opinion in a comment I'll read them all, if you didn't vote I don't want to hear your whinning and sniviling because I really don't give a damn.

DIVING
Of course you knew there was going to be some diving comments. It's not like I'm obsessed or anything with scuba diving. So I'm pissed at my husbands boss as we were going to make 4 to 5 dives this past Saturday but no the Ahole boss deceides that because he screwed up he was going to make the whole team work on Saturday, and by the time we found out there was no time for me to find a new dive buddy to go with. I was hoping that hubby's boss would call the house to find out where he was because I was going to give him a thing or two to think about. And just try to let him take it out on my hubby for my comments. Jerko I wrote contracts with department of labor, fair labor board and wage and determination. I'd like him to go there with me. Grrrrrrrrrr the jerk
Now on to some things I just don't understand...Some people come in to rent gear, wetsuits, (note the word wet in wetsuit) BCD's, regulators etc, everything you need to dive. And then I get this question. If it rains this weekend will you give us our money back.
WTF...if you are worried about getting wet, why the hell do you scuba dive. Hello, you are putting on a wetsuit..and getting in the WATER, when you get out you are WET, your hair is wet, you gear is wet, you ARE WET, and if you are one of those people that pee in your wetsuit you are wet and smelly as well so a little rain might help with that nasty urine smell that is oozing from your suit.
Basically the answer is NO I won't give you a refund. Check the weather forcast before you come rent gear. And if you are worried about getting wet, find a new sport for Christ sake.

Next thing I don't understand....When purchasing an important piece of equipment like your regulator, the part that allows you to breath Air from your scuba tank when you are underwater, why is it that people want to buy something like this from their buddy who has had his regulator in a box for the last 10 year with no maintance on it, or to buy it from ebay from someone they don't even know. I'm thinking, this is one of the most important pieces of equipment that is in control of my L.I.F.E. I'm going to be sure I purchase it from a authorized shop that is knowledgable with maintance and how this particular regulator works. I want to be sure that what I stick in my mouth and go down to 130 feet (recreational dive limit, that's how deep I've been, that's my story and I'm sticking to it) that when I take a breath this regulator is going to deliver air to my waiting lungs and not suddenly stop working. But hey for all you people who think that buying your buddys gear for 100 dollars, or from e-bay...again I have to say...STUPID PEOPLE should NOT BREED. Go for it and hopefully you will have a very experienced rescue diver or dive master that can save your silly butts when things go wrong. If not I won't be sending flowers to your funeral, but will make you a poster child for abortion.

STARBUCKS
How the hell did this happen. I have become addicted to Carmel Mochiatas (however you spell it) from starbucks. We are talking the most expensive cup of coffee in the nation (whatever you buy from Starbucks) and I know it is, and I can make something just as tasty at home, but I can't seem to stay away from the Starbucks. Did someone smack me in the head with a preppy, yuppy stick. HELP..My name is Mary and I have a drinking problem..Is there like a SA I can attend (Starbucks Annoymus) Jeezz this is an expenisve habit, not quite as bad as a cocaine or herion addiction but it's bordering close. I've thought about selling the big screen TV for the next hit of carmel. But at least I don't horde the hot cocoa tin like some people reading this blog do. (see www.burfica.blogspot.com)

JEWLERY
My home based jewlery business is ROCKING...To have a business (www.premierdesigns.com) that I don't have a quota to meet, and make 50% profit from day one is awesome. And to work for a company that really belives in biblical principals making them the most honest, and high intregrity company I've ever had the pleasure of associating with. If anyone needs extra income and would like to hear about this great business opprutunity with no pressure at all, just information then the decesion is up to you please contact me with your address and I'll get you some information.

COLD and COLD
The weather is cold, cold cold. Well everyone tells me I'm nuts but since I've dropped all the weight I have I'm cold when it's 80 out so not that it's in the high 40's I think I'm truely going to drop dead from my blood freezing in my veins and arteries. Counting down the days until summer.
It's time to buy a house and Cozumel and spend the winter months down there. Gosh break my arm, winter in the warmth scuba diving day in and day out and GETTING paid for the vacation.
Check out (www.liquidbluedivers.com) for the best dive company in Cozumel. Tell them that Mary and Manny sent you and they will take extra special care of you when you down there diving.

Okay I'm done for now. Sorry to have bored you soo much today
Again thanks for voting


1 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Burfica said…

    okay it's official, we both have drinking problems.

    And all those dorks buying cheap (probably broken) regulators, and people not wanting to get wet while diving. Those are the idiots that voted for Kerry. hehehehehe Now that's "my" story and I'm sticking to it. lmao

     

Post a Comment

<< Home