Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Great Job Hunt Adventure

So I'm in the midst of finding a full time job.
I LOVE working at the scuba shop, but it's part time, it's min wage. I knew when I took the position that the dive industry isn't a place to make money, you are poor but doing what you love.
Hopefully one day I'll be able to do that overseas traveling and go back to my passion working in the dive industry.

However circumstances dictate that I need to get a full time job with real money andinsurance and 401K etc etc.
So with computer degree in hand I'm trying for jobs in my second love which is law enforcement. Unfortunatly with old age and arthritis setting into my knee and ankle I don't think I'm going to be able to work in a patrol unit. I just don't think my stamina with the knee and ankle is what is should be and lord I don't want to put a partner into jeporady.

Yesterday I applied for a Armored car driver/guard. 3 hours after I put in my application I got called for an interview. I interview tomorrow morning. I'm hoping as quickly as I was called that's a good sign. (I wish I knew where my bullet proof vest disappeared to though)

I've also put in for a Public Safety Dispatcher (9-11 operator) with 2 different cities. I'm filling out a background invistagation packet for one city. It's as extensive as when I got a security clearance. Fingers crossed on that one.

Keep me in your prayers or your thoughts or even your fantasies. Whatever you think will help me most.

I'll try to post later.

Hugs

9 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You are in my prayers..all the time..I'm always tellin' the LORD.."LORD she needs help..bless her heart"...and fantasies???...hey..that's what that itch is you can't scratch!

    I do hope and pray the right job calls you.

    Op~

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tim said…

    good luck! Don't abuse the power of handcuffs if you get them. or do.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    Criminals beware! Alexk is back and gonna kick your a**!
    Actually I'll keep you in both my thoughts and fantasies if thats alright with you. Good luck.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Burfica said…

    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck sis. Lovers ya.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Helen said…

    Just swingin' by to wish you a somewhat early Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!
    Peace..............

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    AS burf said 'you can do it' and as they say in all of the adam sandler movies and i'm sure you know at your house 'you can do it, you can do it all night long''' tee hee.. I'm sure you will have no problem getting a 'real job'
    take care sweets! hugs

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Dorko said…

    Well! That explains it. I was wondering about you. I'll send you sunny thoughts, everyone knows they pave the way to good fortune!

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    food luck, sista...job hunting is hard work in and of itself...glad you'll be back to protect and serve!

    Love ya!
    Amanda

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think I meant "good" luck, not Food luck...sorry...tired..work last night...crazy ER...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home