Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Friday, July 22, 2005

To dive or not to dive

that is the question

I was wondering yesterday. My ears were a mess and I even called the house elf to tell him hunni I'm not diving this weekend.
Now you all know for me to say I'm NOT scuba diving I must be dying. I thought I was, my frigging ears HURT bad. However today they are better so it's off to the lake to help yet another group of new folks become certified divers. Yayyyyy

BUT I do not understand how it is that I always get the difficult student. For some reason the head instructor thinks I'm the one that needs the person that is difficult or I need the child to supervise.

PEOPLE..do I look maternial to you. I think duct tape is a perfectly good parenting tool and that all children should be locked away and beaten until they are 18 or able to earn their first million and take care of me.

So WTF with me diving with the kids. And man they stick to you like glue. I haven't been able to lose one at 100 feet yet. Damnit.

I'm figuring this weekend I either get the little heathen that does not listen to anyone, he is 14 and knows it all.. (Maybe I can ditch him at depth) or I'm going to get the old guy that keeps spitting his regulator outta his mouth. This I don't get either. The regulator is what you breath with underwater...why in Gods name would you spit it out, maybe he thinks he's a fish.
Well wish me luck...hopefully I'll be back Sunday with some semi-balance of sanity and hopefully Burfica and the kiddo will NOT fall down and hurt themselves or run face first through one of my windows, or get stuck in the middle of a tornado.

happy Friday

13 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Dorko said…

    LOL. YOU big softy you! Aw. Sorry your ear hurts! Not good. Thought of you while I was flying, btw, grateful! You showed me how to 'clear my ears' in pressure flux - lo those many moons ago! Now that's said... I suggest you start nicknaming the problem tadpoles, like referring to the old guy as "Gil" when he asks why explain the fish theory you've developed about him. ...& the kid? Just call him "14". Hard to be supercool when someone is publicly calling your age in place of your name... Hehehee (Remember to bring the Ducktape)

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger kitten said…

    Remember ..next time I ask you to babysit..please say NO...lol.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger -Kami- said…

    I love all that compassion! You're cracking me up. Hope your ear feels better soon.

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Lu said…

    come on...tell us how you really feel lol

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said…

    Hmm.. I think you are holding back just a little here.. open up and let it out sister! After all, I have the perfect job for YOU! LOL

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    You could always get a little too much MIXED air in that kids tank...if you see what Im saying. If I had a tank..there are many troll~ings that would be sucking air....

    Mom

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said…

    Damn kids. They are like parasites I swear.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Meadow said…

    Note to self: Do not ask Alekx for scuba diving lessons.

    As the only Pisces on earth who is afraid of the ocean, I'm sure I would drive you mad.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'd tape the old man and the kid together...that would fix both of them...

    Op~

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    To lose stupid people underwater: get someone to play a tape of the Jaws theme from an underwater speaker. I'm back sweetie, did ya miss me? What do you mean NO? Sheesh!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    don't forget to come up slowly. that nitrogen will fuck you up.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Dorko---BABY I'm glad you are home and had a GREAT TIME. LMFAO @ tadpole comment

    Kitten--You know you want me to watch your heathens. I know you do They will so well behaved when you get home


    Kami--compassion is my middle name

    Lu--Sometimes it's good to hold back a little

    Chirs---yup sometimes I just have to let it out. Maybe you can show me how

    Mom--I think you are looking for mixed drinks hun

    James--Yup you just can't shake em at all

    Goddess--On a serious note. I acutally love what I do with the students, and love to see their faces after their 1st dive. (especially if they are blue)(KIDDING) It just makes great blogging stories ya know.

    Opie--tried that, they kept floating to the surface like bouys instead of sinking

    Aza--Of course I missed you babydoll sheesh

    PK--I can't? Well Shit

    Ho--I thought you liked it when I went down slowly

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Jean said…

    I am feeling totally jealous. I miss the beach!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home