Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Thankyou and random stuff

Thank you everyone who has been praying for Dorko. She has posted her story on her blog. Second link down there on my side bar.

Overtime is killing me people. We are short 4 people at work and there is a special project going on which requires their own dispatcher 3 days a week. I feel like I live at the police department right now. I don't mind the money but I'm at the point in my life where it's not as important as the time I get to spend with my hubby, family and friends. And I haven't been able to spend hardly any time at all because of the OT.

So because I haven't seen my hubby in like a week. He was teaching Scuba rescue diving at the lake this weekend. So I worked all night Saturday night (which was my day off) then jumped in the car and drove 3 1/2 hours to the lake to pick him up just to have the drive home to spend with him. I took an hour nap on the drive home then we just talked and hung out for the rest of the drive. It was nice. We both were in bed early though, me from lack of sleep and him from sheer physical exhaustion.

Scuba elf is having surgery on his thumb on Thursday, so we are going in for his pre-op work later today. He has a "clicky thumb" it's called hammer thumb that the tendon that lets the thumb bend and straighten isn't working right and when he tries to straighten his thumb it pops very loud and is very painful for him. The hand doc says 5 minute surgery. SOOOOO why the hell is it gonna cost close to 10 grand. sheesh.

Burfica's last post about the town of Seligman has stirred alot of memories for me as well. She's always so good about putting memories down in written word. I might attempt some of my memories of this town in the near future. Hoping Gigantor got his elk but if not he can go back out. :-)

Brrrrr it turned cold over night. I hate the cold. It was nice to sleep with it raining and having not slept yesterday 12 hours people. I've slept 12 hours and am still planning a nap before I have to go back to work. blah.

Have a happy Monday

7 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    hammer thumb?? I thought it was called Trigger thumb??? that's what he told me.

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Alekx said…

    yah okay same thing hammer, trigger it all pops and makes him make funny I'm gonna pass out faces

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger none said…

    Dang that sounds painful!

    I heard hand surgery is more specialized than heart surgery.

    I hope you get some time off soon and don't get too burned out.

    BTW to answer your question I've been a vegetarian all my life due to my upbringing. No real religous or beliefe thing involved :)

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger captain corky said…

    I think you need to tell the chief that you've been neglecting Corky's log as a result of all the OT you've been working lately, and that you and Corky are not happy about this at all. ;)

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Hammer -- by the faces the elf makes it looks super painful. The doc we have is awesome though. I eat alot of soy products, I just thought maybe you were make a super radical change which would have set you up for failure. :-)

    Corky--awwww you still love me and you missed me. I need to go wipe a tear from my eye. Or are you just worried I won't be around for the next comment-a-thon hahahaha

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Biddie said…

    10 grand? OMG. I am so thankful that we don't pay for hospital visits/surgery here. I would be in the poor(er) house with all of Jessica's issues.
    All of that overtime must be a killer. I miss my Shawn so much somedays, I don't know how you do it.

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger captain corky said…

    Of course I miss you, but you were a very big part of the last one and I hope that you'll be ready for the next one coming very soon. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home