Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Yawnnnnn

What ever possessed me to volunteer for deep nights. Not that the deep nights are a bad thing, I enjoy that shift but what possessed me to volunteer for hours and hours and hours of overtime at the same time as trying to get used to sleeping during the day again.
I'm cute and cuddly but sometimes I'm an idiot.

The overtime has been fun though. We have a zero tolerence task force out working, and they are making the bad guys and girls very very sad. I don't understand why they are so sad they get a ride in a nice cushy police car. They get a nice firm cot (good for the back) 3 meals a day (bologna sandwiches) and they get to hang out with all their friends having stimulating conversations through the wall.

Maybe it's the whole handcuff, fingerprint and through search thing that makes them sad.

Man you just can't make people happy now days.

11 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    as in full body cavity search? Ick... :O)

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Maybe I've been incarcerated?

    I sleep in a comfortable bed, eat lots of bologna sandwiches, and talk to the walls (no - not through them)

    Marriage... it's grand.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Dorko said…

    Alekx - you 911e-goddess you!
    I wonder if you're not just mystically drawn to the night-shift, darling?
    (insert distant, forlorn howling)
    Heh!?
    It being October and all - do they let you wear your vampire teeth, on duty?

     
  • At 3:10 AM, Blogger captain corky said…

    I work nights too and have for a good chunk of my life. It definitely works for me.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I watch Serve and Protect and Cops sometimes. It's a creepy underworld out there at night.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Jules--that would be the one

    Ryan--but do you get the full body searchs????

    Dorko--The officers think I have vampire teeth when I'm vexed with them

    Corky--All the fun stuff happens on night shift

    Babzy--It is creepy, that's why we do the job we do to make it a little less so.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    LOL at ryan...If I had killed the ETK our first year of marriage, I would be out by now!!

    Mom

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Biddie said…

    Yeah, I think that I'll pass....FULL cavity search?!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Burfica said…

    oh come on now. if you volunteer, it means your not allowed to bitch. That's the rules. lol

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger Sugar said…

    'cute and cuddly but someitmes and idiot' I'm gonna have to remember that!
    mind you, I am far from cute lol
    Oh and btw I think your sister is way harsh with her comments...lol

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Canadian flake said…

    gosh I think I would rather go eat the bologna sandwiches instead of staying here and doing all the housework...lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home