Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thankful

Today 9-11 is a day for America to once again mourn.
To look back on the horror inflicted on us and innocent people, but times of mourning always should come to an end and lessen.
This morning I was thinking about a friend, one that I met on the internet, he and I have been though good times and bad times, happiness when each of us found our soul mates and married them. We have never met in person but I feel very close to him.
He was in tower 1 when the plane hit. He got out and away. Many other people got out and away that day. We should be really thankful for those lives.

At the same time I remember the ones that didn't get out. And send up prayers for their families.

Also being in the profession I'm in, I remember the men and women of law enforcement and the firefighters that ran into these buildings trying to save people and that never came out. There is a hole in my heart for them and for their families, I can't even imagine losing one of my guys or gals, it would be devastating. I just wish people remembered how they treated the police and firefighters for several weeks after 9-11 and continued to be as thankful for them today as they were then. They still do the same job, they still run into buildings where everyone is running out of trying to save lives and property.

I am thankful for the men and women who still do the job today even though they are treated with less then respect.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Canadian flake said…

    My thoughts exactly..amen!!!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Burfica said…

    Definatly a time to tell those you love that you love them.

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Biddie said…

    I can't even imagine the horror of that day. Not really. I saw it on TV, and heard the news accounts, but I just can't imagine living through it, or losing a loved on that day.
    My thoughts are with all of the brave souls that died that day, the survivors,and, like you said, the people that are STILL working everyday to help those in need. The firefighters, police officers, dispatchers, and volunteers.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Flake--amen

    Burf--I love you

    Biddie--The guys and gals are out there everyday fighting the war on our own turf. They deserve everything. :-)

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger captain corky said…

    It was a sad day and it's amazing how fast everyone forgets everything.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sugar said…

    Thank you for all your kind and encouraging words lately. I know I don't always return the compliment of commenting, but i wanted you to know that i appreciate you and the time you spend reading the little things about me.
    Love to you and your family on this sad day.
    May we never forget
    xx

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Corky--it is amazing how quickly we ALL forget things.

    Sugar--you are more then welcome hun
    Big HUGS to you.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    A toast, to those who live, to those who died, and to all who will miss them forevermore.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Aza--right on brother

     

Post a Comment

<< Home