Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's been a long week

......yup it's been a long last week. On Tuesday the Scuba Elf called and he'd been laid off from his job. Hopefully he will have work in the very near future. Same day he got laid off my last surviving Grandmother passed away. I can't give a better tribute then my little sister Burfica did, and since all of you that read here read there you've already read her tribute to our Grandma. Needless to say it has been stressful.

Friday was Scuba Elf's birthday. His brother took us out to a really nice dinner Me, the elf, the brother and the mother in law. Nice fancy place, and the best part is the brother picked up the tab.

On Saturday we went to a bike show and looked at all the different motorcycles and drooled alot. Went with friends, then had a small dinner with those friends and another couple that met us for dinner. That was nice.

My work is still going along, there are still bad guys out there, and still people that need an ambulance or the fire department so I'm working 11 at night till 7 in the morning. Still a good bit of overtime going on. I have some this month but a LOT next month, and I did something really stupid and signed up for a 12 hour shift on New Years eve. Ah well.

Went swimming this morning. Figured it's time to get my fat butt back into shape. I used to swim a mile. swam 700 yards today and was huffing and puffing. But I was only shooting for 400 since it's been awhile so I did 300 more yards then was my goal. Yay. Thursday My goal will be 700 yards so hopefully I'll do a thousand. (600 more yards to be back to the mile mark.)1600 total that is

Later all.

11 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Libby said…

    bst of luck to ya, alekx!! i'm loving the mental image i'm gettin of you driving like nuts with burf in the back! what wld be even better is to polish up the seats in the back with lemon pledge first...slippery!!

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Canadian flake said…

    so sorry about the elf getting laid off...hope he gets back to work real soon.

    Hang in there!!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger captain corky said…

    What a terrible time of the year to get laid off! Big companies suck. I hope things start to look better for you guys, but I'm glad you're staying positive. ;)

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger ~SugarBear~ said…

    Sorry about the Elf getting laid off, I pray work resumes for him very soon.

    I'm amazed by the swimming thing... I swim like a rock. :)

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    OMG libby you don't know how dead on you are with that comment.

    She used to have us in the very back of a very old steel station wagon, then she would spin donuts, and me and my friends would go flying, heads bouncing off of the metal sides.

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    I'm sorry about your Gandma A. Also about Elf's job too. Hope the luck turns soon for you.

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    Sorry to hear about the Elf and your grandma....I will send out prayers.

    I know He'll get something soon.

    And do a few hundred more laps for me too.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Biddie said…

    It sounds like you had a rough week. Getting laid off in the weeks leading to the holidays always bites. Always.
    You are swimming? Good for you! I'm fat,so I just float :)

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    I'm sorry to hear about Elf losing his job, Alekx... that's rough...

    I hope they're paying you some kick ass OT cash for working New year's eve... tell me you at least have Christmas off??

    YAY for you for getting back into the pool!! I call my 3.5 month stint (so far) with exercising my: Get Healthy Initiative. So far it's been not too bad, aside from sore knees. Best of luck, stay on track... develop a routine, it helps!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Fingers crossed for elf...when a door closes a window opens you know, just dont jump OUT of the window...

    I cant swim either. I mean I wouldnt DROWN if you threw me in, but that whole breathing thing just does NOT work for me, I cant get the timing down!!

    MOM

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Biddie said…

    It sure has been a long week. Where are you? Is everything ok? I hope that you are ok, that Hubby is back to work, and you had a great holiday.
    Biddie xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home