Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ode to a 9 year old boy

Things I have learned this summer with Lil Gigantor visiting.

I've learned... that a 9 year old boy, glass top coffee and end tables and the word clean do not mix. A 9 year old boy must dribble everything he eats onto the coffee table

I've learned...not to leave a 9 year old boy, a suction cup dart gun and a big screen tv in the same room without supervision. There are dozens of little circle marks all over the big screen.

I've learned...when a 9 year old boy says I'm going to be sick or I have to use the bathroom. It is time to pull the car over RIGHT NOW

I've learned...a 9 year old boy will play video games for 14 hours non stop if you don't make him get off the game and go outside.

I've learned...a 9 year old boy and his uncle house elf love to anounce when they have farted, right before the smell hits your nostrils then both will colapse into fits of laughter.

I've learned...a 9 year old boy thinks it's great fun to come up to you as if to give you a kiss then rip a stinky burp right in your face then will walk off with a very smuge look on his face.

I've learned...a 9 year olf boy, a container of flarp and a blue carpet should not be all in the same room at one time.

I've learned...this morning as a matter of fact, that a 9 year old boy, a left over taco bell burrito and a microwave are a deadly match when he thinks his mommy said to heat up said burrito for 15 minutes and 20 seconds instead of 15 to 20 seconds. Said burrito catchs on fire and makes smoke go all over the house.

I've learned....there is nothing sweeter than the sound of a 9 year old boys laughter, or to have him say I love you so much Aunt Alekx.

18 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    WOW, and I thought that stuff was exclusive to TROLL~INGS....ahhh bless his heart....15 minute burrito...LMAO.....sorry I dont care who you are thats funny. It probably made as much sense as the troll~ing lighting matches in his closet and throwing them out the window......seemed like a good idea at the time...
    AHH THE JOYS OF BOYS

    Mom

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Meadow said…

    And I used to pray for sons. Hmmm...

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Are you kidding me? You would think about taking a dart gun from a nine year old boy using it on a TV?

    Me and my childhood buddy Dwain Fadley - I know that's a hilarious name, but what could he do...

    Anyway, we spent hours with suction cup dart guns and the TV. It turns out that the more seriously the person on the screen appears to take themselves, the funnier they look with a plastic dart dangling off the end of their nose.

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    As being the mom to said 9 year old boy. Yeah I think the suction cup dart gun is harmless, and more power too him. I mean, man, he could be super glueing the cat to the dog, or plucking the bird, or lighting all your drapes on fire. LOL Cleaning a tv is a much less crime I think. LOL

    And the smiles and love you's, do tend to make up for tons of stuff. LOL

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    Where can I rent one? I don't want to "own" one....only want the good stuff. I have 4 wonderful neices...no chance of a nephew....9 sounds like a great age.

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    Awww, Alekx. Sounds like maybe your wanting one of your own eh? (Ducks as she throws stuff)

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    that was so sweet...

    flarp. been there.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    Suction darts and big screen... those video games are getting to be more appealing by the minute!

    And OH OH OH those 9 year old little boy hugs, with those 9 year old arms wrapping tight around your neck! I liked it best when they'd try to break me. *sighs* I love boys. Good thing my SISTER had kids!

    Love you Alekx! (Bear hug) Great Post.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement said…

    my son is 2!!! I have lots of years to learn all these things!! Sounds like one funky ride!!!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger SeeingDouble said…

    That's all kids, it's amazing. Some men too, since they seem to have certain areas of the brain that never develop past 6 or so!! :) I'm glad you are having fun with your nephew!

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Lu said…

    oh great...my boys are only 5 and 1 1/2 ...i was hoping by the time they turned 9...things would not be so wild...lol

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Kerry M. Conway said…

    i want a son!!!! ahhhhhhh!!!

    awesome post!

    miss me yet?

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger MP said…

    LOL! I have a almost 6 year old step son. May I add... there is no snuggle quiet time laying in bed watching cartoons, it always ends in jumping and embows in the stomach!

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Last Girl On Earth said…

    Hi there! That boy sounds adorable! I now have 2 stepdaughters... one is 10. Funny how that sort of stuff makes her laugh, too!

    Came by to meet my new "sister". I'll be back again soon!

    http://www.denibonet.com/blog

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Astrid said…

    Are you aunt Alekx, the cool aunt of which everyone dreams? Although I must confess that my aunt Erica is pretty cool too (she is expecting her fourth child any day now)!!!

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger -Kami- said…

    that was a great post. I miss the sucky darts. I also read the post below about ppl pulling in front of you all the time.. I KNOW what you mean!!! It doesn't matter where you're at, they're all out there to pull in front of ya.

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Aww thats so sweet.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Mom--I don't who that stuff is exclusive for but at least I didn't find out anything about VCR's and PBJ sandwichs this summer.

    Goddess--I used to pray for no kids. Now I'm begging for no kids. LOL

    Paul--The sucky darts were kinda funny

    Burf--Control you child.

    Kat--I bet burf will rent you this one for a few days.

    Aza--you are going to get it

    Ho--I flarp in your general direction

    Dorko--yup the hugs are pretty great

    BM--can't wait to hear your stories

    PK--he's a doll

    Seeing--Yup thus the comment about the house elf the little ones and the farts.

    Lu--Ha...I don't think it'll ever get better

    Kerry--Of course I miss ya girlie

    MaryPat--Yup discovered doors closed mean nothing to a 9 year old boy as well

    Last Girl--I don't want girls either...just a nephew..so I can give him back when I'm done

    Astrid--I am the amazing Auntie Alekx

    Kami--as you visit more you'll see how much I love bad drivers

    Gama--I pity you hun

    Miranda--Burnt taco is not sweet. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home