Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Back to Reality

Well......I always hate coming back from Cozumel and having to go back into the world of reality. The island has it's own time, pretty slow moving and laid back and baby I'm all about those siestas. Holy shit, this country has it right. You get up early, work for a few hours, then in the middle of the afternoon you take off for the express purpose of RESTING and NAPING then back when it cools off for a couple more hours worth of work. What the hell has happened to us in the USA, gawd we are so wrapped up with work work work work, no wonder we spend our free time killing each other. We can't handle the damn stress.

But alas back to reality I am, but what great memories as always. We got to Cozumel on Monday and checked into the hotel and immediatly went diving with a great guy by the name of Gabrille and seen things like splendid toad fish, a juvinal pipe fish and just the overall beauty that is Cozumel. We spent the next 6 days diving, diving, napping, diving, eating and drinking. Did I mention that we were diving during those days. Oh come on people if you don't know my passion by now you never will. We saw tons of sea turtles, I have some great photos of sea horses and pipe seahorses. Several nurse sharks and puffer fish, sea stars, drum fish, spotted eagle rays and one of my favorite photos of a sail blennie that was all poofed out at me telling me get the hell away from my home you big bubble blowing slut face human. (Stop yelling at me damnit I will post photos soon) I have the pics down loaded but I don't want to use the damn hello software so I need to get a quick and dirty website up and running so you can go and leisurily check out the photos on your coffee break, lunch break and mastrubation break.

OhhhOOOOoooOOO, **Proud Look** as regular readers know, the house elf and I have been working diligently toward our Dive Master certification, it's been a long, stressful, hard road of learning but as of Monday we are no longer Dive Masters in training, we are now official Dive Masters. Whoooooooo hooooooooo.
We finished up our last 3 skills with a friend who is an instructor while we were in Cozumel. However while finishing up our skills the house elf and I have something for you to add to you list of "let's not ever do that again"
We were doing a timed 800 meter mask, fins and snorkle swim. Well we are swimming away side by side pushing each other to go faster and faster so we'd get a good time. We were so busy looking at each other we weren't looking ahead of us and suddenly out of no where (well it was there all along we just weren't paying attention) there is a HUGE and I'm talking of bibicial porportions HUGE stand of Fire Coral which I had just enough time to say AH FUCK before a wave crashed me into it. As I got ready to push off to minimize damage to myself and to the coral reef right where I was going to put my hand was like 4 sea urchins, which if I had put my hand on them would have lit my damn day right up with a hospital visit. So I got slammed a 2nd time into the fire coral. I'm here to tell you all that the key word in this is FIRE...Holy shit that stuff STINGS like a mother, not just stings but makes your skin feel like it's being burned to a crisp on your bones. It burned for about 7 hours even with a nice vingar soak. (which helps with coral and sea life stings) But what the hell it's a lesson learned. The lesson being to watch where the hell one is going and don't crash into fire coral because damnit it hurts.

Okay all...I'm so glad you missed me and I'm glad to be back, even though only for a week, because I'll be leaving again and heading to AZ to pick up Burfica and the kiddo for them to come spend the summer in Texas with the house elf and I.
If I don't get the photos up soon I will post a couple teasers for you all to drool over.

P.S. I missed you all too belive it or not. I thought about everyone while I was gone.

Hugs...

13 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    ha ha ha ha Peta is gonna be on your ass about the fire coral and sea urchin thing

    OMG if I don't get to see the sea horsie picture in like a day I'm gonna have to hurt you.

    You better post that one woman.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said…

    pictures.. pictures .. pictures.. pictures..

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Glad your back safe and sound! I know you will take good care of Burf and kiddo for the summer. I am excited to hear how it goes!! Cant wait to see the pictures especially the sea horses!!!

    Mom

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    wow...sounds like you had a wonderful time, minuus the coral experience. lol

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    You flew and dove on the same day? Cann't that F you up or something?

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement said…

    It's hard to come back! Damn I hate coming back!!! Booooooooooo keep reality at bay with beer!! Yeah beer will help, sure yes it's true beer will help a lot. I am thirsty. I need a beer!!

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Burf--- You'll get a damn CD of all the pics so stop bitching sheesh

    Pett--see above comment sheesh
    Goober--Are you making dinner?

    Mom--Sea Horses rock

    Miranda--Will you kiss my boo boo's better?

    Jen--Come diving with me I promise not to let anything happen to you **innocent smile**

    Tim--You can fly--then dive...but to dive then fly you need to wait 24 hours. Your dive computer computes therotical nitrogen from the flight into your dive profile...however you have real nitrogen bubbles from diving, and the pressure of flying can cause something to screw up. Does that make sense?

    BM--don't like beer but the Kahula and cream is doing a GREAT job
    PK--For sure...we'll show each other..each others

    Gama--Damn son that's a long swim

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I don't have nothing to say..except..Burf's going to adopt me..but not letting me go to Texas...and I'm gonna get a quarter a day too!

    Op~

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey girlie! I've missed ya! I have no idea why, but I couldn't pull up any of your new posts and thought you abandoned blogging! Glad you had a great trip (I be jealous!) Post some pics! I finally learned how to do it and it's my new obsession...well, I worked last night so I must sleep...keep in touch!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    A hunk, a hunk of burning... coral?
    eeeeewwwwwe! Baby-girl!
    ...and H-elf? He run smack into it to? Or was he watching out where he was a-goin?

    Hoorah! Dive Masters! Hoorah!

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger kitten said…

    *sulks*
    *kicks Ern for talking me into canceling vacation*
    *has magareita in your honor*

    Dive Master!! Congrats!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Kerry M. Conway said…

    hi darling! glad to see you are alive and well!

    did you take any pictures of the sharks??????

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Astrid said…

    Oh, your holiday sounds like a dream-holiday to me! I bet you pinched yourself all the time to check whether you were not asleep, right?

    And Cozumel, where abouts is that isle? I just can't wait to see the pictures! They must be enchanting! Did you have an underwater-camera?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home