Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Great Job Hunt Interview

Okay...so I go in for my 10am interview at the below said Armored car company.
After waiting an hour (I guess there was some sort of emergency meeting) I finally get called back by some dweeby shot little shit supervisor.

The first thing out of his mouth was so what makes you think you are qualified for this sort of job.
(Now I'm going to type exactaly what I was thinking but it did come out of my mouth professionally).
This is my first indication he hasn't even bothered to look at my application or resume.
So I told him, well sir I was 10 years armed security police with the department of defense.
He looks at me and says well this job is different than armed guards. Do you know what an armored truck guard does.
I say, It's my understanding that you work in 2 or 3 man teams, guarding and transporting large amounts of valuables and currancy as well as providing security for things like jewlery shows, taking inventory of said valuables and currancy, blah blah blah.
That's right he says.
Dude, I was in control of multi-billion dollars worth of national security equipment, currancy, top secret and secret and "eyes-only" documents, I think I get it.
He's now thumbing through my application and resume. He looks up and says so what qualities do you have that I should hire you.
Well says I, I'm loyal and honest and DUH I am tatical weapons trained in handguns, shotguns and assult rifles.

Then he goes to my driving record. Okay guys I got a speeding ticket when I was 16 (6 days after I got my license and my car) I got a ticket on a highway, a lonely highway when I was 18, and then I got a unsafe backing ticket when I backed into a parked car at 3am when a drunk I gave a ride home to was pawing at me. This is when I was 22 or 23.
This man goes well there might be a problem with your driving record check.
Fuck dude I'm 41 this has been 20 years ago and asshole speed and minor traffic violations are expunged from your driving record after 5 to 7 years.

Then he says we will also run a background check on you, most people are nervous about this. Should I go ahead and run the check.

DUDE....
SECRET and TOP SECRET security clearances, plus I just had a back ground check for a concealed handgun license.

~~sigh~~ I'm hope this isn't an indication of the entire company.

Oh yah ....he asks do you have the ability to work with a partner.
Page 2 of the resume jerk. I worked patrol with a partner, all sites were with partners
So I shook his hand and left
I should here something back by the end of the week

Damn I hope I get called for the peliminary interview for the emergancy dispatcher (9-11)

13 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said…

    there is no way in hell i would work for some one that hasnt even taken the time to prepare for my interview..you did better than I would have.. I would have been over the desk strangling him .. and you know i would.. remember "the incident" with my assistant? LOL

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    Lets hope if you get hired there, that said jerk is not your boss.

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'd go for his job if I were you...he dam sure can't do it..or knows what he's doing..a real "D"-head!

    Good luck Shug.
    Op~

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Soon as you get on, get promoted to being HIS boss and fire his dweeby little snot nosed ass....

    Mom

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Yeah..I dont' think I'd want to work for an arrogant ass like that. My feeling is that if he's this uncaring now...imagine what he's like to work for.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Meadow said…

    Ew. He was annoying me just reading that. I hate when they just read the script and don't even look at the resume, application, you know all the sh*t the asked for. *sigh*

    Anyhoo, glad to see you didn't stay away too long. :)

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger -Kami- said…

    Damn, sounds like a total dumb ass. I hate people like that. Obviously, you're more than qualified for the job, but he's just too damn lazy to ask REAL interview questions related to what you've already supplied on your resume. Well I really wish you good luck. As far as the Dispatch position, I have applied for one of those before. Of course it was in Lubbock and the whole department is run by assholes. Hopefully, you'll have better luck. I can't wait to see what happens next. I wish you all the best!

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I think he was just trying to weed out people, esp females that apply for the jobs.
    what a jerk.
    but you probably wouldn't have to see him much either b/c you would be out in the field a lot.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said…

    Jerk! 'Nough said on that. And, Happy Belated Birthday!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    u shood half shot heem

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    would you really want to work for such a jerk? Good luck on your search.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said…

    I agree, I wouldn't want to work work for that guy either. It looks like he is a sexist looking for any reason not to hire a woman. What a jackass.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    Well! How did you think it was going to go? YOur interview obviously interrupted his masterbation and bon-bons break!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home