Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Still alive I think

I'm still alive I think.
Not that anyone cares, but I think I'm still alive.
I also think I have a job. The armored car company never called back....like that was a suprise, but I think most of you are right he didn't want to hire a female. But I'd of ended up telling that guy what a jerk he was anyway.
So last week, I see an ad in newspaper for a security officer with Radio Shack and it says to e-mail resume. Well how hard is that so I popped of an e-mail with a resume and a letter of intrest thinking that not much would come out of it. Usually e-mailed resumes never produce any results.
So I send off my resume on Monday night at like 9pm and at 9 the next morning I get a call from a lady at radio shack setting up a phone interview for Wednesday at 9:30am. At exactly 9:30 the phone rings and it took a total of 8 minutes for the recruiter to ask me to come in for a face to face interview with the head of corporate security. The appointment was set up for the following day Thursday at 9:15am. I went in and took a little test, then was scheduled for an hour long interview. I was in the interview for 18 minutes and was given a conditional hire.
Conditional on if I pass the drug test and background check.
Well I passed the drug test and they have started the background check, I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem as I just had a state background check done. We shall see though.
The shift is midnights, which is better than 2nd shift I hate a noon to midnight shift. So I'll work Friday night through Wednesday morning. I'll have off from Wednesday at 8 am until Friday at 10pm.
Seems like it will be a great job though. They have lots of room for advancement, great benefits. After 90 days I'm eligible for full benefits, health, vision, dental and 401k, in 6 months you get 1 week vacation and 16 hours PT then at a year you get a second week and 16 more hours of PT. Then 2 weeks vacation and 32 hours of PT until 5 years then you get 3 weeks vacation.
Not to bad and nation wide they have only a 13% turn over. That is really good.

I also had an interview with a police department for a 9-11 operator. When I was much much younger I did drugs and the officer told me that was my only downfall, but that he was so impressed with what I had done since then ie working law enforcement and working for Customs and working a drug task force that he was going to fight for my application to move forward. So I'll know about that in another week or two if I move on. But that is only one postion starting in October, and there are over 200 appplicants so we will see.
In the mean time I have to get a job, that will relieve SO much stress, that I won't bore you all with as I've bored you enough with the job hunt.

I am trying to get back to my funny snarky posts. I promise, I just have to get past this "bumpy" part of life and I'll be back.

Thank you for being patient.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Woohoo...congrats!!! That 911 job sounds good too, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hope things come together for you as you'd like them to.

    What about a diving job with one of the coastal recovery companies?

    I also heard the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores was looking a diver. ... ??? ...

    Op~

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Burfica said…

    I'm sure you will inflict terror on all your co workers where ever yu go. hehehehehe

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Bumping is what makes us who we are honey!! Your doing great!!!

    Mom

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Astrid said…

    So your life was a bit bumpy, huh? I sure hope you drove a jeep!!! And don't worry, I am a very patient person, maybe that is why I like traffic-lights so much!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home