Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Zombie in my home

........ever seen Shawn of the Dead. I've been walking around my house like one of those zombies. The head cocked off to the side, drool running down my chin, lurching around going ughhhhhh....uhhhhhhhhhhhh....accccccckkkkkkkkkk (hairball in the throat, I guess I shouldn't have eaten the cat)

I know Burfica all updated you on our mom being in the hospital yet again so I won't bore you with that info. But the day she went in the hospital, I had worked all night, went straight to the hospital, then later that day had a level 3 interview with one of the police departments I've applied for. All the time this is happening mine and Burf's cousin, God Bless her soul, is packing her van and heading this way to help, knowing I have to work midnights.

Okay for the level 3 interview, here I am bordering on about 20 hours without sleep, I've worked all night, been at the hospital all day and am almost late for the interview. Get there on time, go in and they are running 30 minutes late anyway. Sit in the waiting area trying to keep my eyes open. Finally get called back and it's a board of 4 people. The chief of police, the assistant chief, the head dispatcher and a LT of communications. I right away apologize and explain the situation and let them know that I may have to ask them to repeat a question. They are like no problem.
In the middle of the interview, the assistant chief is asking me a question about my computer degree and his cell phone starts ringing. The chief looks at him and goes my GOD man that rude. The Assistant is like I KNOW I can't get it to turn off, then he goes well maybe the computer wiz over here can help me turn it off. (Rembember now by this time I'm on 21.5 hours without sleep) So I look the assistant Chief right in the eye, just as serious as you please and say "Chief....that would be the little button that says O...F....F.....
It gets quiet in the room, and I'm thinking OH FUCK I just blew it....then suddenly the Cheif of Police starts cracking up, then the Lt was lauging so hard he actually fell outta his chair. WHEW...that actually got me a higher score, as they said dispatching is so high stress that one needs to have a sense of humor.

No real excitement at the security job as of late, but I do work with a father of one of the Sgt's at the police department and I got word that as long as my background check goes through, I'm going to be offered the job.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Later I'm gonna go try to read some of your blogs

Op...I got no verbal abuse for you today...I'll work on it though

12 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Scott & Julia said…

    Shawn of the Dead was a great movie, so funny! Keeping fingers crossed for the police dept job. Good luck!

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Darn..no abuse for me today..however...there is someone that's picking up a little of your slack...lol....

    wishing the best for you in your job hunt adventures

    Op~

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    Opie can't be talking about me can he??? *innocent eyelash fluttering*

    Dammit all now I'm really tired and doing the zombie thing just after reading your post.

    Although I couldn't stop laughing picturing you doing the t.v. tray thing like the dog on my post. hehehehee I'm sure it happened too, and I'm just bummed I missed it.

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Wishing you lotsa luck in your job interviews....maybe if you cant get some sleep drink some Red Bull.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    Get some sleep sweeie, you sounded almost like a normal person in this post and thats scary.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Dorko said…

    I am so insync with the zombie thing right now it aint funny. So happy the interview went well, keeping you'll prayed for!
    Zombie Hugs!!! ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz...

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Blogger kitten said…

    Get some rest , girl. How do expect to keep several full time jobbs AND keep the houseElf plied with sweaty monkey sex if your so damn tierd?

    I hope mom is doing better...xoxoxox

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Everyone else seems to be disturbed by your lack of snarkieness, I, however, am just wondering, how did you eat the cat? BBQ?? GRILLED?? in a BURRITO?? Really the cooking process should have taken care of the hairball, unless of course you ate the little thing raw.....ahhh off to bigger and bigger things...

    Mom

    how many calories are IN a cat?

     
  • At 4:02 AM, Blogger Phoenix5 said…

    Hey Alekx! It's been some time since I last wandered over here! I can totally relate to the tired, zombie feeling! I've been workin the night shift (11pm - 7am) too and although I love it, it's wreaking havoc on my sleep schedule!

    Oh, STAY AWAY FROM RED BULL! The ephedrine in it will turn you into HYPERZOMBIE! With a gun... ummm... I'm so glad I live in Canada!

    Take care and best of luck with your job search!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Drool? Hmmm. Great site

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Meadow said…

    OK, I'm just a week late on this, that's all. :)

    That *is* very funny and I'm glad the board got the humor. Good for you!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    i hope you won.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home