Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Monday, February 13, 2006

I suck.

....okay mind outta the gutter. I meant I suck at posting. Like Burfica, I've had a lot of shit in my head I've been getting through.
First off, as of last Friday I've FINALLY made it through training and am now a full fledged dispatcher without a training officer plugged into my radio critiquing me.
I'm still nervous but most people say it's a good 2 years before you ever start feeling like you might know your job. You just do the best you can day by day.
But getting through training has taken a huge load off of my shoulders, and all the uppity ups are quite suprised that I finsihed my training on schedule due to the stress I've been under.
One thing I've learned taking phone calls in a police station is that when the first words out of a persons mouth are YES, I'm a citizen of [insert city name here] you know you have a nut bag on the other end of the line.
Holy shit folks, if you are calling our police department it means 1. you are a citizen of [city], you've had a crime committed against you by a citizen of [city], you've commited a crime in [city] or you are just confused and think you are a citizen of [city]. I'm gonna get you help no matter what, so please don't think you are gonna get special treatment.
Oh and telling me you know the chief of police will make me move faster and kiss your ass. NOT!!! I know the chief of police also and regularly make him hork coffee out of his tear ducts. {Insert eyes rolling here}
Okay I promise to try to post more, but again like Burf I've got alot of shit on my mind and in my heart. I've been going through mom's stuff getting rid of what isn't needed or can't be used, and that's hard. I thought I handeled holding my mom for the last few heartbeats of her life really well but now it's kind of messing with my emotions, I know it will get better with time and I just need to let it run it's course. So thanks all for sticking with me through all this.
Hugs ya all

14 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Kerry M. Conway said…

    i luv yeah alekx! stop being so hard on yourself!

    happy valentines day!

    mauhz and hugs

    kerry

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger -Kami- said…

    OH hey! It's been awhile since I stopped by and I just wanted to say hi there. I love reading your posts and I know you'll make it through this rough time soon.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Burfica said…

    we will get through it together, that's the only way.


    love ya!!!

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Dorko said…

    I'm sending you extra love this Valentine's Day...
    And a big fartin' bear hug...

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    don't shoot no one

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    Oh sweetie, I'd hug you if I could. Take all the time you want, we'll be here waiting for you when your ready. Remember, you do this blog as a hobby not a necessity, when it gets to the point your stressing about blogging somethings gone wrong. Be glad you were with your Mom till the end, she loves you and I'm sure she was happy to feel you there.

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    *hugs ya tight* it all sucks, when the storms over and things settle down, it give emotions time to let go. Take Your time, we're all here.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    You get a break for having a lot going on :)
    Take good care of yourself and keep your good humor and make the house elf give you some good luvin and massages after dealing w/ the crazies on the phone. hugs and love to you!

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    It's OK to suck! :) I still love ya!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Astrid said…

    Big hugs right back at you! Life ain't easy, but can be oh-so wonderful! Hang in there!

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Kerry M. Conway said…

    *waves her magic wand*

    ...you are feeling much better. you are thinking about writing a new post...

    *poof!*

    *trots off* ...

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Rocky said…

    Hang in there. Everybody sucks now and then, it's human nature. Look forward to your next post when you are ready.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger ~SugarBear~ said…

    Ya gotta work through it at your own pace. Don't be so hard on yourself - it's going to take time, you shouldn't get over this in that blink of an eye for heaven's sake, this is your Mom. You and your sis give each other lots of love & you'll get through it together with God's help.

    hugs!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Scott & Julia said…

    Hey Alekx, hope you're getting through this tough time. If you want a little break, we posted some diving pics from our recent Cuba trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home