Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Stuff and More Stuff

DRIVING FREE FOR ALL
Okay when did new driving rules get made or was there a law passed that says it's just a free forall out there and I missed the memo. I'm driving along this little 2 lane road a couple nights ago..Minding my own business which is a rareity for me. When I look up and see lights in my lane. Thinking to myself, well this is an intresting illusion on this curve that I've not seen before. It looks like the oncoming lights are in my lane. (I'm sure we've all seen those illusions on curves) Now keep in mind I'm barelling along at about 65 mph when suddenly both my husband and I realize at the same time it's not an illusion. Apparently some moron needing to make a left hand turn figured it would be a good idea to pull over into the oncoming lane traffic, of course so nobody would rear end him in his own lane, then he stops to read the street sign, which by the way Texas at least the Dallas Fort Worth area does not belive in putting up street name signs (I'm not kidding about this) before making his turn. Once realizing that these headlights are indeed in my lane I stomp on the brakes. Item of note here, 2001 Dodge Durangos do not like to have their brakes stomped on at 65. I'm not sure any vehicle likes this but my poor Durango was definatly bitching about this state of affairs. After much sliding, laying down of rubber, cussing, praying and wheel manuvering I skid by this idiot in MY lane and guess what...HE FLIPS ME OFF for almost hitting him. I am quite proud of myself that I did not get out of my vehicle and proceed to beat his ass to a bloody plup. However in hindsite I probably should have then I wouldn't have all this pent up anger. HOWEVER it is difficult to blog from a jail cell, so I guess I'm happy I refrained and went about my business.
PAPA that story was for you....

COMMERCIALS
Am I the only one or are some of the commercials on TV just a bit over the top. I mean I know Herpes is a problem but is there a reason I need to see a full 60 second commercial about some chick who seems to be sleeping around anyway saying how long she's been outbreak free. GAWD already.

The Victoria Secret Push up bra commercial. It makes the boobs look sooooooo good. However when you have the saggy grandma boobies nothing helps...and I think this commercial should not be giving false hope to regular society. I'm almost sure a commercial like this can lead to mass murder, sucide or just plain depression. Hmmmm I wonder if Victoria Secret has a solution to a vortex bra. (Always thinking of ways to help Burfica)

That Donald Trump Visa commercial where he drops the card into the trash bin and goes diving for it. I mean come on how bad off is the Trumpster that he has to sink to this sort of a commercial. Nuff said on this one.

I think the all time coolest commercial going on right now is the HP digital camera commercial where they go back and forth between real life and photos. Unfortunatly HP is a terrible camera to own (I need cameras that can be land and underwater and HP doesn't have the underwater features that I want) but man that commercial ROCKS...any one agree with that?

As far as cameras, and yes I'm going to post some underwater photos I've taken maybe as soon as tonight. I'm actually going to try to get them up on a web site soon so especially Kitten can go gander at her leisure when her world stops spinning. But for my birthday my hubby bought me an Olympius 5060 5.1 mega pixal camera that has a built in macro and super macro mode as well as the underwater housing. I LOVE this camera, but of course now need a wide angle lens for taking pics of sharks and hopefully soon Whale Sharks. MAN I can not wait to go to the Philippines to snorkle with Whale Sharks....I'm so excited I could almost pee myself. I also need one or 2 strobe arms with strobes for the extra lighting especially when taking pics of the big stuff. I also need to learn about using F-stops or something I have no clue about. I'm actually pretty stupid about photography but I'm slowly learning.
The very cool thing about the camera my hubby got me is the underwater houseing has all the buttons that the camera does so I should be able to start getting some really awesome photos. I already have some awesome ones, but I think all those are by accident. Can't wait till I do it on purpose.

Kay nuff for now
Happy Birthday Kitten, get better soon my new friend.
And for those asking, Ginney's Blog is on my side bar under Gin's Daily Haps.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Burfica said…

    I just want to reach in the t.v. and beat the face off of the lady in the herpes comercial. Doesn't that dumb actress will forever been known as the "lady with herpes" even if she doesn't have them?? I like the donald comercial. He is comical. I like that camera comercial too. OMG have you seen the tomatoe one?? where it's like a tomatoe e.r.??? The first time I saw this one, I was highly disturbed by it. Now it's sorta worth a grin. hehehehehe And I HATE the stupid camera phone one's where the guy gets off the bus, and talks about sending pictures on your phone. Someone needs to shove that phone, or hell the buss, up his ass.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    There are quite a few A-holes on the streets these days! I can see why road rage happens.

    That herpes commercial always reminds me of Joey in "Friends" the one where he finally landed a modeling job, they took pictures of him. The next thing he knows he's in a full blown ad in subways and the bus for STD's. lol.

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HA! Drug commercials are a scream. My favorite part is when they list the side effects. Hmm... what will be a bigger problem for my sex life - Herpes - or diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, hives, weight gain, insomnia and warts?

    I too looooove the HP commerical. I'm in advertising myself so everytime I watch it I go nuts trying to figure out how they made it. Ah. Drives me insane.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger kitten said…

    Hi Girlfriend!!

    Look! sitting up straight..for a few minutes! So true about commercials. I could live with out the STD ones for sure. And most of the feminine Hygeine products too. DOnt we already know that we need this stuff once a month? And where to buy them? Do I care if my tampon applicater is Pearlecent Pink or Green. God , Its a tampon, not an object'd art!!

    I really hate Old Navys ad campaign this year though, its the worst....they should rethink their agency selection for next Christmas. I kinda like Gaps ads, although Old Navy is owned by Gap. And usually I cant stand that Sarah Jessica Parker person. So I have to go lie down..Hope alls well, Pat the House Elf on the head for me!!!

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger ~SugarBear~ said…

    God has reserved a special place in heaven for you NOT beating that moron's a** to a bloody pulp. God didn't forget the moron - He also has reserved a special place in Hell for drivers with their heads up their @$$. :)


    When my cousin and I were about 10 years old, we were watching TV with the entire family around. The usual slew of garbage came on the TV for commercials. There was a short pause before the show started again and in that moment of silence, my cousin Will says, "Don't you just hate those damn jock itch commercials?" My Uncle Dean was never prouder, my lovely Aunt Kay has never been the same since.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home