Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Saturday, November 27, 2004

After Thanksgiving sales

I'm thinking the retail industry is trying to do it's own little part with controling the world population. I've never been a day after Thanksgiving sort of shopper. And good GOD what possesed me this year to go give it a try.
Adventure 1. Yet again the dreaded Walmart...There was a DVD player on sale that I wanted to get for my mother for Christmas. The flyer said the sale was from 6am to 11am so I set the alarm for 5:50, got up and threw on a pair of sweats and a tee shirt figuring to get there before the rush. The walmart is literally right behind my housing development so it's like 30 seconds away. Hubby and I get there at 5:59. Apparently this Walmart is 24 hour and started it's sell early so the parking lot was FULL, We fall into line behind about 40 other cars...(Yes you have to drive over there it is to hazerdous to walk the road between our development and the Walmart). I jump out and head inside as the hubby joins the circling full tank vultures. Hubby being brand new in the flock of course finds a parking place right up front. Inside is a mad house...people pushing and shoving each other out the way in order to get to a FULL palet of items. You can not even get a cart down the isles for the people just milling around dumbfounded and drooling. Finally make it to the DVD players on sale, grab one and begin the dance to the front of the store. Get to the cashier and I swear it's the sister of the gum puller so you can just image how that went. Get out to the parking lot and I've figured out a way to cause the vultures circling to have spasms and drop dead behind the wheel of their cars. You get to that prime upfront parking place, put your items in, wait for the flock to circle around waiting for you to pull out. Hit your head like you've forgotten something and start walking back toward the store. No kidding it looks like someone dropped a biochemical weapon for the all jerking and frothing at the mouth. This turned into great fun for about 6 times doing it...But then I remembered Texas allows you to carry a weapon, and I wasn't yesterday morning so I thought I'd better stop playing with fire before someone shot me.
Next stop was Kohl's. That lasted about 45 seconds. Opened the front door and there was 2 ladies literally in a slug fest over some item. I didn't feel like being charged with manslaughter over shopping so turned around and left.
That was it for my After Thanksgiving shopping...and I promise myself NEVER again will I do that.
On another note I'm quite proud of myself, after about a month of sporatic working out I seem to be back on track. Yesterday went for a 10 mile bike ride, today went outside for a 4.5 mile walk.
There are some satisfactions to exercising outside.
  • surviving the walk...Texas drivers do not give up the right of way for anyone or anything
  • getting the fresh air
  • choosing the path that takes you 96% uphill, and not crapping out at the half way point and turning around to get the downhill advantage but actually sticking to the route
  • watching the drivers go by you stuffing their mouth with big macs and french fries at the same time knowing you are doing something much better for yourself
  • walking away from your blog when half way through it and doing your exercise before returning and finishing what you started.
  • And just the satisfaction of overcoming the urge to stay locked up inside and to actually do something physical

I'll try to have more exciting things to write about tomorrow, or later today

5 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger kitten said…

    LMAO!!!!!!

    You are so bad...God I love that. I can't wait to put that little scenario into action three days befor Christmas !!

    Oh..and thats for the comment Alekx...but I'm OK..it was one of those .."Where the hell DID THAT come from ?" moments...literally out of know where...but thank you so much for the concern, and the offer..I'll def remember you when I do need to talk.

    luv ya.

    p.s. re: exercise..thanks! 2 days after the pigfest..great!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said…

    i love being outside.. and i am with you on the day after shopping.. i never do it .. we used to call it BLCAK FRIDAY for a reason .. also hated waiting tables that day because every one was so irritable.. and stingy .. afraid if they left you a tip.. they might not be able to buy that extra sale item..

    ridiculous..

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger kitten said…

    that was "THANKS for the comment"...i cannot type to save my life...

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Baron von Stencil said…

    I Feel for you, Post Holiday Sales are major war zones in every country ive ever been
    Old Ladies with zimmer frames turn into crouching tiger Ninjas its incredible......

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    oh thank goodness I missed out on it this year. This day, and Christmas eve. I swear people are possesed by the devil. I am never ever going to a store when I visit you. hehehehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home