Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Home Improvement and repairs

Did you all know if you hit dry wall with the heal of your hand, when attempting not to bash in the house elfs skull with a cast iron skillet it leaves a very large hole in the wall. You didn't??? Well neither did I until a few weeks ago, so there was this large hole in the hallway. My great friend Fran (who can do anything) comes over and she and I fix the wall, whilst the hubbys are off doing something destructive. Wall fixed the elf and I deceide to paint the hallway which we did and came out rather nice, except for those spots on the carpet that now match the hallway paint..Damnit anyway
Exactally two days later the elf is working up in the attic while I am doing paperwork for my business and hear this crashing sound akin to Day of Destruction, or Day After Tomorrow sort of storms hitting the house. The I hear this very muffled **Ah Fuck** as I run toward the garage and the attic opening, screaming Hunni are you okay...again I hear the muffled **Fuck** and he says do me a favor and go the the closet in the computer room. I'm like WHY and he says JUST GO in there please...So being the wonderful wifey that I am I comply, open the closet door in our computer/office room and there is a leg hanging in the closet...it's clad in blue jeans and reboks strangly like the cloths my hubby was wearing when he disappeared into the attic.
Of course seeing this leg hanging in space gives me a fit of giggles...I hear more explictivies tangled in with the push me up damnit comment...so freeing the elf from the man eating drywall of the cealing, I then discover the area that he has walked through from attic to main domicle is the area where the wonderful builders sprayed all that shreaded newspaper shit that is supose to be insulation. Once the elf's leg is removed from the closet cealing, now all this crap is pouring like a huge waterfall into the main house. This crap is impossible to clean up..if you every have anyone ask you to redo your home with this insulation, either run away screaming or pull a large caliber weapon on the person...Just don't do it, this stuff is AWEFUL.
The hobbit, bruised and batterd makes his way down from the attic, we make sure there is not bones protruding from the skin and no aterial bleeding, then pick up the phone calling the wonderful Fran..who begins to laugh wildly as I tell her the tale of whoa...Between snorts it seems that she JUST did the exact same thing only over her laundry room. We still haven't gotten the thigh sized hole fixed yet but should be quite an adventure when we begin..just because of that damn insulation.

Two morals to this story...use cast iron skillet not the heal of the hand
and Drywall in the attic will not support the weight of a house elf.
Dayum I should have taken a photo of the ghostly leg swinging from the ceiling

6 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger kitten said…

    You MUST post a picture of the house, Elf, Alekx......I can't tell you what I picture in my mind. lol

    Have a great holiday...no diving?????

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Pout not diving...probably not till around March....No money to fly to Cozumel...=no diving. AGAIN POUT

    Maybe the house Elf should have put his head through the dry wall....that's a non vital organ anyway

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Baron von Stencil said…

    Classic tale, very visual.
    I actually laughed out loud,
    thankyou

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    OMG you shoulda pulled instead of pushed, just to see what he would have done. hehehehehe

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said…

    awww poor manny.. you guys.. am i the only one that wont suggest some mean thing to do ? well i have to be that way he is my secret love LOL ... and Alekx you know if i were there i would fix it for you !

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger kitten said…

    Alekx..where are you girl???????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home