Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Frantic Studying Again

....sorry I haven't written but I've been studying for my final dive master test. Finishing up is very close and I can just taste it. This one is on Decompression Theories and the recreational dive planner. I feel better about this one then I did the physics one so that means I'll probably bomb this one to hell. Keep your fingers crossed. After this test I just have 3 physical ability tests to take, a maping project and a rescue project and we are done. It's been a long long year to get to this point. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I am happy to report that I have finally found a home for the two little adorable mutt dogs of my moms. I finally had to admit that 8 animals around the house is way to much for me and the house elf to handle with as busy as we are. My mom's sister is going to take them so I'm off in a few days to deliver them to Tennessee. It's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders since all the no-kill shelters here wouldn't take any more animals. I was sweating it. At least the poop detail will be dimished somewhat after the pooches are delivered.

I don't have anything witty or snarky to say today. After learning of Ginny's death I have been very sad. I've also taken time to reflect on some of the friends and loves I've made on this thing called the internet. Believe me I've had good and bad experiences.

1st I had this man from NY that I met on the internet show up on my door step. It was romantic in a stalker sort of way so I let him crash on the couch for a couple of days. On the 3rd day after finding out he was a con-artist and was using my phone and computer to call other women telling them how much he loved and cared about them and wanted to meet them in person, I rang up my Former-Marine/Ex-cop/armed security captain father and told him to get this guy outta my house before I shot him in the head. Daddy showed up in uniform with a gun and ended up having to stick the gun in the guys face to get him out but out he went.

2nd A couple months after that I had been talking to the house elf on line and on the phone. He wanted to meet in person. Of course I kept saying NO every time he asked but he relentlessly stalked me until one day I said Fine you want to meet me, fly here because I'm here..my guns are here...My daddy is here...my daddy's guns are here. Well brave little man that he is flew out here within 3 days. Spent 5 days, went home, we were engaged 4 days later and married 4 months after that. We've been married almost 6 years now. (That's a good story)

3rd There are 4 people that I've met on line that I consider very good friends. For reasons of privacy I will use screen names. Pett over at Three Olives and Some Yarn, I know Pett in real life since meeting her on line and think she is so wonderful, Wizard, a wonderful man in the land of OZ that we've practically watched his kids grow up. There is my great friend TaxAttorney who is exactaly that in San Diego, I can pick up the phone any time of the day or night and he's there for me. And he just got married 2 years ago and fullfilled his dream of becoming a husband and a father. I'm so happy for him. And same with Sven who is like my little brother.

I guess where I'm going with all that, is sometimes with snarky comments and having a good time, it's sometimes easy to lose site that the person at the other end of the blog is a real person. I want you all to know through all the jokes and snarky comments left on your blogs, I care about each and every one of you that I read and comment on. You are all special and the ones that have already and in the future will want to take the blog to another level (e-mailing, chat programs etc) I treasure that getting closer and getting to know you all better. Please keep coming to visit my blog and I will keep coming to yours, to laugh and cry with all of you and to get to know you all better.

Okay enough with the sniff sniff kissing your butts.
My recommendation for link of the week >>>>>>>>>>over there you all.... under temples of blog that I worship daily....Go visit Mom that's Nuts. She is a riot and I'd like to see more folks visit her blog as she tells us of exploits with the evil troll and troolings. So go over and visit her and enjoy.

On closing...Ginny I miss you terribly...But I rejoice that you are now out of pain and able to watch over your wonderful children and all of us in a very special way.
Ginny I am so happy to have had you as a part of my life even if for only a few short months.

11 Comments:

  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said…

    OMG.. keep on driving and come see me in NC.. i am so sad you are gonna be in tennessee and I am all the way over here .. FUCK! it would have been great to see you again ..

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    You and I had the same tone in our blogs today. I consider my blogger buddies true friends.
    And as being friends they should know that snarkiness is part of who we are. Add's to our scary charm. hehehehe

    But we can love fiercly!!!!

    Love ya sis Love ya lots!!!!

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    We all love you too Alekx. I'm so glad I found your blog.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger kitten said…

    I love you Alekx. You are a warm and wonderful soul..MUCH more than people here even know...I am proud to call you frined.

    And I am GLAD your days of intenet stalkers are OVER. God, thats scary!!!!!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement said…

    You can leave snarky comments on my blog anytime!! I like any comments even comments that say I am a shit head!! Really I like that!! At least they took the time to make the comment. I must have moved them somehow. Negative or not thanx!!!

    Yeah!!!! to puppies finding a home. That is a hardship trying to find an appropriate home for a loved pet.

    Good luck with your studies!!! You are greaaaaaaaaaat!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've tried three times to do this comment(Blogspot hates me I think)..but..what a great post it is..I think you touched base on all feelings..good post Alekx!!

    I'm wishing you the very best on your finals...hey..it'll be a "walk in the park"..just wait and see...you'll be ok..just stay relaxed (as possible..lol)..I clicked over to your friend "threeolivemartini's" site...looks like she's a fellow Carolinian..going back to read more and leave a comment.

    Great post..thanks for the good vibes and words...remember...stay relaxed.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    You will do AWESOME on your test! I can FEEL it, I am glad the poochies have a good home! I know your mom will be happy too. I had an old internet friend of mine die from breast cancer on valentines day. Its easy to get attached to you all.......dont worry I dont wanna stalk you or anything...heheh thanks for the plug for my blog EVERYONE come and share the madness.

    Madness shared is multiplied!!! Enter at your own risk...
    Mom

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hi, thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment! I popped in to see who you are! If I'm ever in Texas and swimming, I'll be sure to look for you as I smoke like a chimney and probably wouldn't make it to shore....

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hi, thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment! I popped in to see who you are! If I'm ever in Texas and swimming, I'll be sure to look for you as I smoke like a chimney and probably wouldn't make it to shore....

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Oh Good God, Blogger sucks my ass... sorry about the duplicate post, ffs.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Dorko said…

    My buddy,
    My friend,
    My (ex)roommate!

    I love that ...
    Everything I've EVER loved about you...
    You let "all" hang out, here in your blogger world!

    You will forever be a true one - to yourself, your friends, and your faith in all that truly matters in love & life.

    [UR a Goddess & you'll pass the test - !]HUGS!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home