Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Insanity

I'm about to go insane. I have a physics test to take for diving and for the love of all that's holy people, how is a person supose to remember Boyle's law, Charles' law, Dawton's law and all the stupid ass formulas that go along with them. Now I'm not bad at math, after all I know things like 1 + 1 = 3 and that if you go to walmart with $100.00 you don't have enough money. But what the PHUKE with trying to figure out P1 x V1 over T1 = K = P2 x V2 over T2. Oh and don't forget that water exerts 14.7lbs of pressure per 1 bar atomosphere and stuff like that. And you need to know how much to add to tempature to get Kelvin and Rankine depending on if you are doing metric or imperial.

Somebody please remind me why I wanted to go into diving professionally. Anyone????

No real fun stories to tell from the pool last night. The doctor didn't sink to the bottom of the pool this time. Though a couple times I thought about dragging a couple of them to the bottom during the course of the evening. (Hey kitten are you ready for your lessons..**sicker**)

A few scuba pointers

Peeing in your wetsuit...while this can warm you up when you are getting chilly it tends to make your wetsuit smelly and your skin itchy. However EVERYONE does it and those that say they never have are liars.

Making sure your air is turned on is a good thing. It's always better to know at the surface that you forgot to turn on your tank then to find out at 40 feet you forgot. It's embarassing for the students to see you frantically signaling another dive master that you are out of air.

When removing your wetsuit around several men it's a good thing to make sure that the swimming suit straps are securely on your shoulders otherwise you rip your swim suit right off your body along with the wetsuit illiciting lots of leers and wolf whistles whilst you are standing naked amoung said men.

In case of above said peeing in the wetsuit do not take your regulator and blow air into your wetsuit trying to push all the urine out into the ocean when you have sealed leg and arm bands. You just poof up like a balloon, go upside down and have to have someone come rescue you as you bob toward the surface unable to do anything cuz you are going upwards legs first.

Happy Friday everyone

9 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement said…

    HAppy kick butt Friday to you too!! I have never peed in my wet suit. I have never worn a wet suit before. I have shat in my pants before. I was stinky and uncomfortable that was for sure!!

    Thanx for the pointers and have a great weekend!!!

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    OMG I can't not stop picturing you bobbing like a balloon. I want to tie a little string around your neck and take my sissy balloon all through the park.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    HAHAHA! So I'm hoping all the stuff happened to others and not to you? Or did a room full of men get a great view? Who needs air when you have built in flotation devices?

    Good luck on the test. I've been helping my little Babushka with her math in collage and I know that pain.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Alekx said…

    ummmmmmmmm....I'm also hoping that all this stuff happened to other people...but I can not tell a lie
    Yup I was bobbing like a balloon
    and yup it was me that flashed a pool full of male students. Hey bonus for their payment eh. hehehehe

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger kitten said…

    You are scaring me by the minute, woman!

    But hey......next January I hope to be in or around Cozumel for xmas...maybe we can make plans????

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    You would never catch THIS fat girl IN a wet suit, so there would be no peeing or blowing up of any sort, but the flashing,,,, I do that just for fun.

    Mom

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    Donna worry Alekx!
    You're a wet-suit Goddess and you'll fly blithely through any test they may flush your way. . . because your just that kinda crazy good!

     
  • At 1:38 AM, Blogger tigerita said…

    hahaha... i've totally done the wetsuit peeing thing. although i've only ever used rental wetsuits, since i don't own one, so it's not like i peed in MY wetsuit.

    although, writing that just made me realise... that if i've peed in the rental wetsuit, so have DOZENS of other people and i NEVER want to dive in a rental wetsuit again!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home