Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Finally

After all the weeks you've all listened to me whinning about job hunting, getting jobs, hoping for a new job that I really want. I'm happy to report that I got THE phone call from the police department this morning. 300 applicants, 1 position 8 weeks later and I have a start day in 2 weeks.
So after doing a peliminary interview, filling out a 30 page back-ground invistagation packet, a oral board interview in front of 4 of the top folks at the PD, a live senerio exercise, 1 physical, 1 drug screen, 1 polygraph and 1 physc test later I was the top person. 1 in 300 I think is something to be quite proud of.
After I got the phone call I thought I better go tell my Supervisor and give him 2 weeks notice but then go to thinking that I've spent the last several hours making the man's life very miserable.

I work with this other lady, she is very good about finding people stealing cell phones from camera footage, and I happen to be the person that finds sleepers. Like our contract guards. So last night of course one of the contract people were sleeping so we called the LT at 2 am to tell him. Then passed it onto the contract supervisor.
So I have this guard pulled up on camera, and when my supervisor came in after 30 minutes I tell him you might wanna go over there cuz the guy is asleep again. Sure enough he was. I as well as my supervisor hates sleepers. DAMNIT I don't do it, I just can't understand anyone who sleeps on the job

Then we had a complaint about this contractor (electrication) guy who was giving one of our officers a bad time. Bullying this little 80 year old man, telling me to F off and other profanities.
1) You do not bully or threaten one of my team mates
2) You do not bully older folks
3) You DO NOT BULLY the father of the man hiring me at the police department

So I spent several hours with video footage finding this to be something pretty regular, so I complied all the evidence for the Lt and for the contract supervisor. ~~Sigh~~
So why the hell would you have a good paying job, be brought from out of town and paid all expenses for the out of town trip and then act the fool like this? I just don't get people.

Then to top it off another officer came in this morning while I was compling evidence, assumes I'm getting evidence against someone else and starts yelling at me that I have no right, that this guy is a long time employee and blah blah blah.
1) I never get to know people on a site I work security employees or contractors
2) This way I can always look at evidence objectively
After listening to this fellow officer bitch and moan I finally told him to get the hell off my post and get to his own damn post. So he screaches his tires out of the gate then starts calling the Lt. every 10 minutes to bitch about me and things he feels I've been doing.
The LT finally had to tell him to shut the hell up, as nothing this guy was saying isn't anything that the Lt hasn't been told by ME. DUH

So since I made my supervisor have such a bad day, and all this before 8 am I figured I wait until this next morning to ruin his whole week.

I start the new job on Nov 10 at 0800. Thank you everyone for the positive energy vibes you sent my way.
I'm sure as a public safety dispatcher there will be decent stories in the future to come.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    WOOHOO!!! Congrats!

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    Congrats!!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    Um-hum. =)

    Attaboy, Girl!

    (I knew you'd do this and do it very well.)

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Scott & Julia said…

    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    if you catch me drunk driving will you get me off. i mean let me off.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    Kick A** Alekx.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    yeah congrats, but your poor poor supervisor!!! hehehee
    can't wait to see the exploits of the new job!!!

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Alright!!! you get a pat on the back..or anywhere else you want it (just kiddin'..lol)

    But...what about the 20 something year old girl they were holding the job for (from your pinball post)...are the two of you going to share the job???....LOL...

    you're my hero!
    OP~

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Astrid said…

    That is just excellent, congrats! Are you counting the minutes to 10 November 8:00? How many more to go?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home