Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Friday, October 21, 2005

What a Week

...........so as we know I've been working the midnight shift doing Security. But I've had a application with one of the local police departments.
Tuesday morning I get a call from the Sgt asking if I can meet with the Assistant Chief of Police that day.
So once again not having slept off I run to the meeting where they give me a conditional offer of employment. I just have 4 items to pass. A physical, a drug screen, a polygraph and a physc test.
I've done the physical and the drug screen on Tuesday. I've had to run around and get copies of a prescription. I had horrid back pain last Sunday and had like 3 darvoct left over from the dentist back in Jan so I took them on Sunday and Monday. Of course this makes my drug test come up positive. I had tossed the bottle and didn't have it so the doc at the screening test acts like I was out buying pills on the corner. So I had to get some paper work showing the jerk that it was my perscription. Sheesh. That doc isn't back until Sunday so the PD won't have an answer on that until Monday.
Took the polygraph on Thursday, the examiner says that he's never seen someone come so close to flatlinning a polygraph in all the years he's been doing it. He thought I was dead except for the cuff reading my pulse and my breathing.
Today I took the physc exam, I didn't hear anything so I'm assuming I passed it. We'll see. Hopefully on Monday or Tuesday I'll get the permanat job offer.
Kids when they told me the pay grade I almost fell out of the chair. This city really takes care of their public service employees.
Wish me luck kids this is something that I really want!!!

9 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    Heck-yah!

    You'll get this... you will!
    (hope, hope, pray, pray...)
    Sending psychic-sunshine your way now!

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Scott & Julia said…

    Wohooo, that's great news so far!! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    Wishing lots of luck and lots of chocolate, too! Wait...the luck is for you, the chocolate is for me, of course. I just figured while I was wishing for something I might as well get something out of it, too!

    Dr Suspicious is probly the one selling the drugs on the street corner! LOL

    Everything is crossed for you....even my eyes!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Wishing you luck, but wouldnt this story be MORE interesting if you DID NOT pass the psyc exam?? LOL Im just saying.....just kidding. My eyes are already crossed so GOOD LUCK

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Good news, glad the drooling has stopped and that you're back to normal! We miss you!

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    Of course you'll get it!!! Your lucky that way!!!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Crossing my fingers for you. *hugs* Good luck!

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger ~SugarBear~ said…

    Good luck - I'm sure you'll get it. And.... I've tagged you too!

    I saw this on another blog I read frequently and while I was not tagged, it did think it interesting. The idea is to find your 23rd post on your blog - and then the fifth sentence. This sentence is supposed to 'say something about you.'

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Blogger kitten said…

    Fingers and everythin else crossed, but the legs! I wouldnt wanna be a criminal in your neck o the wood!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home