Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Bad Luck

...okay so I'm thinking it might be bad for me to be a fire dispatcher. The last several calls I've gotten, the person will call in with some sort of ailment, I'll get an ambulance dispatched right away, they will get there and the persons heart will stop beating. Is it me. Am I cursed????
Will any of my friends call me if they need an ambulance????
I know it sounds like I'm making light of the situation, and in a way I am. It's such a high stress job that you have to be able to step back and just toss it all away at the end of the day. But it is quite wierd how all this has happened when I'm on the fire side dispatching. Strange....

The back saga continues. The neo natzi physical therapist is killing me and I'm thinking the PT might be doing more harm then good. Something happened on Monday and I could barely move for 2 days. Which is not good cuz I had to teach 2 CPR classes on Tuesday. That was exciting, I can barely bend 1/2 inch forward and I have to get on my knees and show the new techniques for CPR. OUCH fucking OUCH
Wednesday made it a little bit better but tonight I'm in some major pain. I go again tomorrow but I'm over 1/2 way through my PT and my hopes are getting dashed that I'm going to have to go and have something invasive done. :-(
This is effecting my everyday life now. Walking hurts, much less humping scuba gear, and right now those Harleys to relive my days as a biker mama are definatly looking to be on the back burner...damnit I guess I'll just have to have the tee-shirt and pretend to be the bad ass biker babe from yesteryear.

No funny stories tonight from work, except for the lady who called 911 to say there was a big hole in her back yard and she thinks someone must have burried a body there while she was at work. Or the crazy old man (poor guy) who was having hullicinations that there was someone standing behind his TV trying to steal it but not talking to him. Just messing with his TV. Poor old fella was seeing things. Luckily his wife got there and took him into hand.
Other than that I'm in to much pain to try to be funny or snarky.
Happy Friday everyone
Love ya all

8 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    I dont know if I could do that job, I'd be like omg omg...then want to do a follow up on everyone.

    Awww..that totally sucks about your back. Do lotsa drugs.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    they are gonna start calling you Dr. Death like they did Gigantor.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    @!#$%^&*()#@! won't let me post a @#$%# comment! (Grrr!)


    we'll see if this goes through...

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    DOH!

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    NOW I forgot what I was a gonna say!

    (I lubs ya.)

    D.~

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Rocky said…

    Ha! Burf has a new nickname for you. Don't focus on the death though, remember the lives you help save. :-)
    Wow, the calls from the nutjobs sound hilarious.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Dorko said…

    to Pitch Black -

    :P

    Haha 'spambot'

     

Post a Comment

<< Home