Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I miss my mom

Today is a day filled with all sorts of emotions.
Today is the 2nd anniversary that my and Burfica's mom passed away. A year earlier I had brought her here to Texas hoping that we could help her get better as she was a train wreck health wise.
Unfortunatly within a week she was back in the hospital for a week and on hospice shortly after her admit in to the hospital.
My mom being the fighter she was fought her way out of hospice, and was very close to going to an assisted living facility instead of being stuck in a nursing home. In the end the damage done to her lungs from smoking finally took her.

I read Burf's post and like her whenever something happens I want my mommy. I want to laugh with her, cry with her and scream in anger with her. Things that can never happen again.

But at the same time I have to thank her. While not the worlds best mother, but I wonder what mom is. None... every mom just struggles along and does her best. Mom ended up divorced in a time when divorced women were considered sluts and whores. And that it was they who must have done something wrong because men were the all knowing assholes. Mom took these attitudes on head first no matter how much they hurt her. She taught Burfica and I a Fuck you attitude. If you need something bad enough nobody is going to stand in your way.
She always tried to make sure we laughed as kids. She always made sure we had food on the table even if she went hungry, and she always made sure we had cloths and shoes. Even if her shoes had duct tape on the holes on the bottoms.

With all her flaws she was a good mom. She was my mom.
And despite what she and Burf and I talked about I was the one who had to tell the doctors not to do anything for her.
My head knows it was right, my heart still ain't quite caught up with that thinking. Thank God Burfica and I are so close and there was no fighting over all that mess.

I know Burf is having a bad day to.

I love you sis

I love you mom

I miss you mom

15 Comments:

  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    (((Big hugs))) to you. She sounds like she was a great person. I'd of liked to have learned that Fuck you attitude.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Coffeypot said…

    I know you both miss her. Just live your lives in a way that would make her proud. You two are her legacy.

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Phoenix5 said…

    ((((((HUGS))))))

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    I love you sis!!! More than you know!!!!

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Libby said…

    it's so great that you two have each other!! [hugs] from me to both of you!!

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Canadian flake said…

    I know this week was a hard one for both of you...but I also know that your Mom looks down on you both and smiles every day. You all will be together again someday.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Biddie said…

    Coffeypot is right. Live your life in a way that would make her proud. (I'm sure that you already do). It WILL get easier, I promise.
    HUGS.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Alejandro said…

    I'm sorry you two. Just remember iPhone Lady you were like my 2nd Mom at work ;) still are too!

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    My heart goes out to both of you, as your has so many times to me. Your Mom would be proud of her daughters.

    Take care of yourself and of the Elf. Thank you for being my friend.

    -Azathoth

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Dorko said…

    Having to carry on ...
    when we're missing someone -
    Most especially a special someone
    like your Mom...
    Sucks.
    It is a HARD TEST of faith, and ultimately, what all it was that you really did learn from her.
    Remember, my dear, dear friend: Love is eternal... and a Mother's love can, will, and does cross over the great chasms that separate this world from that spirit world to come.
    Can you imagine what it's like for her, now? There is rest. There is no pain, and yet clearly, she can see- seeing, now more than ever - how strong, and good her babies have grown!
    I believe She is basking in the love you continually send out to her each and everyday; by the thousands of loving things you chose to do along your pathway...

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger captain corky said…

    That was a very touching post. Your mom would be proud.

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Blogger Sai Hijara - Ferraris said…

    (((HUGS)))

    Sending happy thoughts!

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Coffeypot said…

    Hey, Woman! You coming back?

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Im sorry about this. I was thinking about you guys, wondering how I would be dealing if/when I lose my mom, I cannot even fathom. I mean I know it will happen, but I cant imagine how I will handle it. Im sorry for your loss and Im sorry for your hurt heart!

    Big BIG huggggsss
    RIP PEGGY

    Mom

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Biddie said…

    You ok? Are you coming back?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home