Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Monday, December 27, 2004

goodies...movies...other stuff

I hope my blogger family had a great Christmas. Our weekend was very nice, and since I didn't have alot of people over and we don't have little folk it was pretty relaxing as well.
I ended up working all day on Christmas Eve but that's okay because we were able to help some folks that were leaving for a trip on Sunday get geared up, and to help a couple others frantically looking for last minute gifts. That in itself feels good.

My hubby did really good this year. Now mind you that man of mine has 0 romance and not alot of creativity as he's an Electrical engineer and a computer programmer so he does point A to pont B in a straight line. So for the last 5 years I've known exactally what I was getting for Christmas etc. Well this year as we were opening gifts and of course as mentioned earlier we got each other new dive computers which we knew about as that was a fairly sizable purchase. But I had alot of goodies for him under the tree...lots of scuba things like a sling tank with strap, tee-shirts, hats, swimming trunks, assorted DVD's and CD's a memberhip to Netflix and signed up for XM radio, etc...so we are opening gifts and I got 1 tee shirt, 1 dewrag (for diving) and a pair of jammies along with the dive computer. I felt a bit down cuz I got him all these goodies..but figured with the dive computers he thought that was a pretty large purchase. So as I'm cleaning up after his brother and mom you know picking up all the paper etc...he says oh look hunni here is another box..it was a small box wrapped. I open it and there is a note in there saying well hunni I just had to hold true to form even on christmas day and be a pain in the butt. Your last gift is in the scuba closet on the topself, so I go in there and there is a largeish box quite heavy and in it was a rocking new laptop...Whoooo hoooo I had no clue. He didn't even tell Burfica about the suprise. He bought the laptop over a month ago and has been hiding it at his brother's house and keeping the secret all that time. Anyone who knows my hubby knows he is no good at secrets...so I'm very proud of him.

We did a movie marathon at the theater yesterday.
Movie #1 Life Aquatic with Steve Zissu
This is the most boring movie I have ever sat through. I was quite excited to see it as it was a spoof on scuba diving..but good lord...30 minutes into the 2 hour movie and I was squirming. The storyline sucked...all of the little scuba spoofs you see on the previews well that's it. The most intresting parts were in the previews. Not even Owen Wilson could save this horror of a movie. Sheesh I give it half a star out of 5 stars possible

Movie #2 Lemony Snickets a series of Unfortunate Events
This is definatly worth seeing but you may want to wait for the DVD and rent it. It was a very good movie in my opinion. It had the feel of the movie Big Fish which I enjoyed. If you didn't like Big Fish you probably won't like this movie. I'll give this one 3 1/2 stars outta 5

Movie #3 Darkness
This is being billed as the scariest movie of the year Hmmmm by whose standards?
The Grudge that was a scary movie...The Ring..another scary movie. Darkness...nope not so scary. This movie couldn't deceide if it was going to be a scary movie or a physocoligial thriller...so it failed miserably at both. Though it was more intresting then the life aquatic masterpiece.
I give this one one star outta 5

What's up people I would have been better off going to see the sponge bob square pants movie or staying home and watching the Grandma got ran over by a reindeer cartoon. What a disappointing movie marathon day.

I'll post a bit more later when I have some inspiring thoughts
Tell me what Santa brought you all for Christmas. I love to hear about everyones gifts.
What was the most popular toy for the wee folk?

9 Comments:

  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger kitten said…

    Hmm..the most popular toy was apparently...cash. As I just spent all day shoping with the tthree of them so they could spend their money and gift cards.

    Darkness not worth it huh? Did you thnk the Ring was scary? I was a little let down by the hype of that one too. I am taking the kids to see Lemony Snicket though...i have read some of the books.

    Glad you had a great Holiday , girl.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Johnny said…

    A tsunami

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger ~SugarBear~ said…

    That's so cool your hubby managed to suprise you with a new "toy" - how nice. As far as the Spongebob movie - better go check my blog before going to see it. It's 90 minutes of the most inane (sp?) garbage - oh, hell it's crap! There, I said it. hehehehe

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger crisberman said…

    hi here Alekx !

    thanks by you stoped in my blog, you are welcome.
    i would like say you hello and Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

    i don't know what's the toy more popular this chrismas days... i think that's the money. you know why ? :)

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    lol...glad you had a wonderful Christmas...Wow a lap top, that's so cool. Sometimes I wish I had one, for those days I just want to blog in the privacy...of my own room...lol

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    well I told you what we got so pppfffffttttttt

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Johnny said…

    okay i want to see house of flying daggers.

    its a strange thing but i am big on samurai/kung fu movies lately.

    i got hero
    i have last samurai (quasi samurai)
    i want to get

    twilight samurai
    house of flying daggers
    crouching tiger

    what else am i missing?

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said…

    my best new toy... 10 hand turned wooden crochet hooks!!

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger crisberman said…

    oh! thanks Alekx, for my is an honor your commentary about this picture, i would like to see yours too

    the photography is my hobbie since i was 14 years old... buf ! a lot of time !
    well, you can clic on to my website www.webdearte.org for to see more as this

     

Post a Comment

<< Home