Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Monday, January 17, 2005

New Updates

Hey Blogger Family
It's Burfica and Alekx.
First thing we want to do and say Thank you, thank you thank you to everyone those that have become our family and friends through this blogger community that we have and those that have visited because they read else where that we needed prayers. We will both be visiting your blogs when we have some time. But thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Mom is SLOWLY improving we think. She's still listed as extremely critical, and still has in a breathing tube, but she is now initiating the breathing and not the machine. She has had some heart problems and has needed a Kick in the Ass...errr an electrical shock to get her into a normal rythem. As of this afternoon she had another shock and seems to be doing okay between the shocks and the medicine they have her on. The docs are hopeful is she continues at this rate tonight she will be able to have the icky breathing tube taken out. They have told us that it's still going to be a long hard road to haul for her. If she starts smoking again I'm putting her up for sale on E-bay..I'll send you the link to bid if you are intrested.

Sorry need to try for a bit of humor in a stressful situation and the exhaustion is begining to set in which seems to be more fun then tequilla-loratab induced blogging.

Okay speaking of ICU waiting rooms..we were talking about the waiting room weren't we...Oh damnit people just stay with me...My brain is marshmellows right now and Burfica is sitting next to me just giggling away...kind of like that little monkey creature that hung out with Jaba the hut in star wars..you know the one with the insane laughing...
Anyway...at a county hospital you really meet some intresting people. I was in there the other night and this lady walks in, she starts making calls to the Arizona State Prison. I'm thinking..well okay she is having to call into her job letting them know that she won't be into work is her objective...
HAAAA..NOT...she is calling for her husband Inmate so and so...to let him know her mother is sick...well that's okay too....I'm okay but then about 15 others of her family and friends show up...now they are all talking about how they are worried the police are going to come up as they are ALL wanted for different crimes. Apparently one of them was pretty serious as he broke and ran for the parking lot about 90 seconds after he got to the waiting room. I'm thinking..Holy F*#&K as I'm trying to become part of the plaster and hide anything that might indicate I used to be part of the law enforcement field.
I'm not a chicken (no offense my dear Flicken) but damnit you all I was outnumbered and unarmed. At one point a police officer did show up to take away a bat one of them brought in. This was enough to deter them and the waiting room cleared out pretty quickly. And alas I lived through the ordeal. Gawd I wish I had brought my gun...but then the nice policeman would be having a chit chat with me. So as mom improves Burf and I will give you more adventures of the county hospital waiting rooms and wait till we start on the caferteria...BARF.

Again thank you all....it's been a real comfort knowing that there are so many wonderful people out there that don't know us in person but still care.
WE LOVE YOU ALL

7 Comments:

  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    *hugs* to you and Burf, we're all here for ya. lol...humour is a good thing to have at a time like this. You're in my prayer.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Mathieu said…

    I'm glad the news is perhaps better, and that you are keeping your sense of humour. It is a good source of strength.

    My thoughts are still with you.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    WOOOO_HOOOO!!! Glad to hear there's some light at the end of the tunnel. Hope she keeps getting better. We'll all keep our fingers crossed (And toes, and legs and um... any other body part that can be crossed) and hope to keep hearing encoraging stuff.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Many thoughts and prayers and healing energy to you all!!
    While sitting in the waiting room, watch 'Cops' or 'america's most wanted' and see if you notice anyone you just met there! LOL, there might be a reward! It's good they are in the hospital risking their freedom for their loved ones,, who says felons don't give a shit! LOL

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Hey I have 2 mother in laws already, but if you need me to help with the bidding I will start the bid at 1.99~~

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said…

    Wow. Sounds like quite the adventure. I am glad to hear that your mother is improving. You are all in our thoughts. Best of luck with everything. Take good care of yourself too. It's important to look after your needs as best you can too. Take a break if needed. Mucho love and support ((((HUGS!!!))))

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was just perusing blogs (I'm friends with Jen through my sistah-in-law in the blogging community. I'm an ER/ICU RN so if you need any input/interpretation/etc, give me an email...I think my blog is www.amandahammland.blogspot.com...if not I think you link through it through Jen's site...I'd be glad to help and I hope your mom is doing well..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home