Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Any one need a mom

**sigh**

I'm gonna catch hell for this but I think I liked it better when she had a ventalor tube stuck down her throat.

Mom informed me 2 days ago she is going home (as in to her house in Arizona) and she is going home soon. Never damn mind that she is still in a wheel chair, nevermind that she has 0 insurance (still fighting with Medicare) and that AZ won't give her insurance again. By God above and all that's holy she is going the hell home. I should just pack her bags for her and tell her there you go. Don't know how you are gonna get there but see ya, have a nice life.

Now I understand she needs to have goals to work toward in order to feel like a person and to feel like she just ain't sitting around waiting to die. But please save my sanity folks. How bout a goal like oh being able to get up and walk 3 feet. Then six feet. The **gasp** maybe down the hall way.

It's a total role reversal, mom has adopted this little baby whinny voice that is kinda like running fingernails down a chalk board, and she is acting like a little kid and I have to be the "mom" and tell her NO! Jesus hoped up Casidy Chirst people, you all who know me know I DO NOT WANT CHILDREN. Why do I need a 59 year old infant.

Okay I'm done griping about mom. So who is my best friend today so I can give her a bus ticket to your house. Burfica says no way in hell she's going there. (And I don't blame her either)

Divemaster stuff...You all the house elf and I are soooooooo close I can taste it. And it flustrating the water is so cold that we can't get a couple of the things done. I think we are going to attempt to go do them anyway this weekend. We have a new class of folks started. It was quite a shock to look up and see our priest walk in for scuba lessons. (House elf and I are catholic and the pope song on Kitten's blog was a hoot by the way) So in walks the priest....he's been priest of our parish since we moved here. But talk about a shock to my system...he introduces us to his wife and daughter...**cough cough sputter sputter, what the fuck isn't that a going to hell offense in the catholic church?** Anyway apparently he is Eastern Orthodox where marriage is allowed. However I thought I was attending a Roman Catholic Church, and that seems to be what the bulletin says too. So I'm a little out on the jury on this. But hey more power to him, probably letting priests and nuns get married isn't a bad idea.

Okay I'm going to go pretend like I know what I'm doing and do it..even if it is wrong.
Happy Humping day everyone
Hugs and stuff

11 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    arggh...blogger ate my comment. I feel for you, I wish I had some wise words of wisdom for you, but unfortunately I dont, the sandwich years are the worst. Taking care of kids and ailing parents is hard. hang in there....Im glad you and Burf have such a good support system.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    That is so weird about the priest. hmmmmm but they are getting harder to come by. hehehehe

    Your so stressed, I'm begining to think it's not a good idea to put the stress of taking care of me and my kid on you. Gonna have to think about that one. Cuz I don't want to hear the fights (if you guys fight from the stress we are causing) or the reasons that you all don't make it. ahhhhhhhhhhh

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Dorko said…

    Mother.
    (I Love yours & I can ID with what UR dealing with.)
    Mine's in dire straits too. We had the role reversal - all that...withstood 6 weeks of 24/7 with her before I presented the "If you don't want to act reasonably with me on problem resolution - perhaps it'd be a good idea if you stayed overnight with someone else tonight..." talk.
    Next day I get phone calls confirming medical appointment changes, a disconnect notice for the telephone, & comments from "friends" that I'd KICKED HER OUT!?
    (She'd run to Rock's house. [big smile!])
    I feel for you and Burf. At least "we" have a 3 man tag-team; QOP on deck!
    Call me, Babe.
    Maybe we can figure out something that'd help? [If not, I could run it by my therapist! HEHEHE laughing nervously...]

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger kitten said…

    she can bunk with Levi and Caleb? can she read stories and roll a hot wheel from time to time? how is she at nintendo?

    im so mad that you are not taking me to cozumel. *pouts*


    you better take lotsa pics....

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My heart and prayers go to YOU Sweetie.. I have some idea what you're going through..I'm taking care of my 82 year old father (Mom passed away in '94')..I remarked just two days ago I was running away..lol...he can get around some..with a walker and wheelchair...BUT..........(it must be a test from GOD)..it would be nice if I had some help..but it's only Pop and myself.

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Alekx said…

    LOL @ Pink Kitty
    Master Diving Thing..You are so cute.
    But thank you for your vote of support.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    They have senior bus tours for a reason, lol.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Remind her that its over 90 degree days from here on out...poor mama...
    Priests gotta have some fun too right?? I mean other than the other fun, but I digress. not going there, nope...I wanna hear the pope song!!!

    Mom

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    Sorry about the Mom problems. Hope things improve.
    Goodlck with doing what u want in the water. Just remember, water doesn't make as good a lubricant as u think.
    Well, at least you know your priest knows where things go and isn't buggering the alter boys.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Astrid said…

    Hugs and stuff, now what other stuff am I getting? Your old ice-skates maybe?

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement said…

    good luck with everything!! Much love and hope for you!! You know what your doing judst go with it!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home