Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Home sweet warm home

Holy Moly the lake was colder than a mother bunny humper this weekend. Hmmmm does anyone have any idea how cold a mother bunny humper is?
Lets just say it was efing cold.
60 degrees.
While this may not sound very cold people, set up a bathtub full of water at 60 degrees and go lay totally immersed in it for 50 minutes then come tell me if you got cold. (Side note here you may want to have a snorkle or something as laying fully immersed in the tub could cause drowning--this is an official disclamer that if you do this without breathing appritus I'm not taking responsibility for your dumb ass)

Well the Doctor dude didn't go glug glug glug on me but there were a couple times I was hoping but what can you do. I however did go glug glug glug when I had to chase after the doc once but at least I can react well and not drown. LOL...

So after diving on Saturday I was freezing, and had only to look forward to going to the motel for a tepid shower when in reality I wanted to stand under a scalding shower for about an hour. Alas it was not to be. You can't do hot after diving...no hot showers, no jacuzzi's and no saunas. Since there are nitrogen bubbles in your blood stream doing hot or strenious exercise increases the bubbles which will at best cause you to have to "ride the Chamber" (go into the decompression chamber)or Die...Listen Dying would put a crimp in the kinky sex acts and exoctic travel plans I have made for the next 20 to 30 years so tepid showers it is. ugghh

Well I'm off to put air in about 20 tanks, clean the wetsuits (icky..as you know the earlier conversations we've had about wesuits and gross things you can do in them to stay warm)

Happy Monday all

8 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger kitten said…

    Your going to Cozumel???
    I am SO jealous, and could smack my husband for making me cancel our vaction!!! Grrrrrrr.....At least your be warm in toasty in those waters!

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    you didn't want a ride in the chamber??? I thought you liked to try everything at least once. hehehehee

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement said…

    brrrrrrrrrrrrr my nipples are frozen just from thinking of the chill you felt!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    yea...my nipples are frozen too...welcome home AlekX...when you go to-bed .. will you have your fins on?

    Op

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Hey the Evil Troll runs the CHAMBER down here in phx, I mean if you INSIST on getting a ride there...I live in a house full of boys, I dont even like the WORDS icky and wetsuit in the same sentence...glad you survived!!!

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Safest to wait until you dive computer shows no built up nitrogen in your system. Could be 6 to 8 hours could be 12 could be 24 depending on how many dives you do in a day, how many days and if you dive mixed gasses.
    Safest bet is wait 12 to 24 hours before extreme heat or hard exercise.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Gotta be up to each person...I just wait till the ole computer says I don't have a nitrogen build up in my system
    However when we dive we dive ALOT like 5 dives a day and by the end of the day we are to tired to do anything else..much less try to be romantic.

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Rats...that means no fins....oh well..I just can't get that picture outta my mind...you did it!

    Op

     

Post a Comment

<< Home