Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Some Days Scuba HURTS

what's pink and blue and shrivled with teeth chattering

ME That's who the hell who it is.

The Scuba elf has a dive class he is teaching this weekend. So since I'm a certified assistant (dive master) I went out to help him. It's cloudy, it's rainy and the scuba park we are using is a spring fed area. This mean COLD. Water is 53 degrees. I know in the grand scheme of things this doesn't sound that cold, but in water you lose your body heat much much faster then in the air. So 53 in the water is about equlivant to oh sat 33 to 35 degrees in the air, if not a bit colder. Brrrrrrrr.

Also being first dive of the season, my fat butt is outta shape. Diving is a very relaxing sport, however it does take lots of energy. LOTS of energy.

AND dumb ass me figures HEY I'm gonna try out my new gear I got last winter. NEW wetsuit, new BCD, new mask, new boots. The RULE is only try out one new piece of gear a dive. But since it's getting busy I have to get it broke in, in a hurry. So here I am outta shape, breaking in new gear, and the water is cold (did I already mention that) so by the time we got home last night everything HURT. Of course having a very bad back and a bad knee doesn't help, but what the hell. That's why they make hydrocodone.

So may you have a limpy, gimpy Monday.
I'll post again as soon as my fingers thaw out.

13 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Burfica said…

    I am having a limpy gimpy monday. My dam knees are hurting so bad after the busy weekend.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Libby said…

    alekx-until i read this i thought scuba sounded FUN!! now it just sounds like freakin work!! lol!

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Coffeypot said…

    Another thing is, you bought your wetsuit last year. Now after a winter of feeding, did you have to use a crowbar to get into the new wetsuit? And 53 degree water sounds like great birth control. That bad boy will shrink back so far that it will look like a Cyclops with a fur hood.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    Hydro is a friend in need (or is that indeed, heck either works! :) )
    On the scrapbook help? I should tell you, my other hobby is procrastination.
    I am no help. HEE! :)

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger captain corky said…

    That's way too cold for me. I'll take a hot tub and a six pack, please.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Biddie said…

    Yup, I'm with Corky on this one. I'll take the hot tub, but I'll pass on the beer and have a Wallbanger :)

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    coffey, u aint lyin, I had to p like a gurl (provide your own visual) when I got out of the water!.

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    hmmm.....ponders only scuba diving in the Carribean.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Burf....limpy gimpy sucks no matter what day it is

    Libby...Diving is fun!!!! Just some days TEACHING diving..not so much

    Coffey..No crowbars but baby shampoo to make everything slippery sliding on really helped.

    K...Procrastination...I'll look that word up....ummmm tomorrow

    Corky...Can I come to the hot tub with ya?

    Biddy...Does that have Vodka in it? If so don't let me near it. LOL

    Manny...ummmmm okay

    Miranda.Yuppers that's where I wish I could be all the time...but nooooo I wanted to be a professional.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger ~SugarBear~ said…

    Wayyy too cold for me! I'd prefer much warmer waters..... like a hot tub.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Someday I want to scuba dive, but I dont know about that whole being under water thing...lol I love to LOOK at it, but not sure how I would feel being IN IT...maybe if the water was clear, and in a bathtub, with jet streams and soap....

    Mom

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger none said…

    I'll stick to reading your scuba stories :) Snorkling is about as far as I go.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    Awww!! Poor little Alekx!! Here, come on... I'll give you a nice relaxing CONK ON THE HEAD! All of your new fear all at once? HMPH! didn't anyone ever tell you not to do that!?

    LOL - what do I know... I've never scuba dove in my entire life!! ;OP Feel better and thaw out soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home