Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Monday, December 12, 2005

What is it with Men

and your gagets and just having to HAVE something that you absoultly do not need?
This weekend I finally had a Saturday off, which is something that has not happened for like 6 months, the house elf and I went out and about enjoying the warming after all the damn sleet.

What do I spy but a moving sale sign. Moving Sales are the best you all...you can get some awesome stuff at great prices. So in we turn to check out this moving sale. Unfortunatly it was pretty well picked over, so I look at the house elf and say okay lets go. But he had this glazed over look on his face. I waved my hand in front of his eyes but alas no response. Anyone married knows this is a danger signal, it means they have spied something they CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT.

Cringing inwardly, I start to follow his gaze, noting his dazed expression wondering how much foot stomping I'm gonna have to do to convince him he doesn't need whatever it is that has caught his eye.

Following his gaze I see a 10' tall metal something. Confused I look at the house elf and again at this metal monster, and back to the house elf.

Then I hear it...

It's a phone booth he breaths....a real phone booth. Again confused I look at this metal "thing" and my husband disappears into it. And he was right it was a real life, real size phone booth. The old kind that you actually walk into and it has a bench and a phone and when you close the door a fan and a light comes on. The same phone booth that superman changes into his superhero cloths. Now I'm having visions of my hubby in blue tights and a red cape. While my hubby is the best looking guy on the planet, I just don't want him having a gay moment in tights and a cape.

Right away I start snapping my fingers in his ear....saying NO hunni, NO we are not getting a phone booth. I finally break through the trance he's in and he gives me that look..the one where you feel like you just beat a new puppy. My heart broke but I had to stand strong, then he gets this look on his face and grabs his cell phone and runs.

My coniving little hubby calls my cousin's hubby, a very charming Mexican fella, and they conspire to buy this phone booth, and suddenly it's a done deal.

Banging head on a wall...WTF are these 2 going to do with a friggin' phone booth. Guys...any insight why you all have to have these gagets?

Happy Monday everyone

13 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said…

    oooo the only thing that would make that better..

    is if it was a RED one like in the UK!!

    i think its cool.. i have always wanted a phone booth.. i am jealous..

    and of course Alekx.. did you expect anything less from me ?

    your weirdest friend but i do truly understand the need for odd things ..

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Hey, don't start with the men bashing! LOL, How is the back room? Looked for ya tonight! :(

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    LMAO - well....hmmm...I dont know what to say. Now You can have home clothing parties and use it as a change room?

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    A phone booth would be cool!

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said…

    My husband would've been all over that too. He dying for a videogame console that you can get at target.com for $500. I won't have it. The garage already has a leg press machine, squat rack and a dual basketball hoop game that goes unused.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    Because were not allowed to own 30 pairs of shoes or a wallet for every pair of pants we own.

    btw, the word verification is heckado. sometimes I think theres someone who's making these up instaed of just random machines.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    I know exactly what your hubby and cuz's hubby can do with that phone booth. They themselves can have all new adventures of UNDERWEAR MAN AND PANTYHOSE LAD!!!!!

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger It's me, @Moustachio said…

    You better watch yourself or next time he'll bring home an elevator or something just as random.

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Dorko said…

    You'll change your tune, soon enough lassie, when antiques road show rolls into town... in, like, another 60 years from now!
    heh.
    =)
    (I hope he gets to keep it at your house!)

     
  • At 4:07 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I have no idea what he will want do w/ that - can't wait to hear!!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    OMG I dont know, Im having a hard time getting past the TELLING of the story to wonder what the hell he will do with it....lolol your so funny

    Mom

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger ~SugarBear~ said…

    My 5th grade teacher & his wife had an old phonebooth like that. He put his stero system in it. When you opened the door & the light went on, the entire system turned on & lit up. It was kinda cool....but I was also 10 years old.

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Kerry M. Conway said…

    LMAO-Sorry i can understand him! lol....

    Hm.....LMAO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home